close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

p16.40

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by vergeman10in, Sep 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. vergeman10in

vergeman10in

Feb 11, 2004
    philippines
    I,m new in this forum, can you guys give me feedback on the performance of a para p16.40. I plan to buy one, is it any good?

Thanks.

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    My IPSC Standard division pistol is a stock Para P16-40 and for Production Division I use the Para P18-9 LDA. I have no complaints.

3. Eye Cutter, how many guns do you have? I think I've read you write about 6? 7? 8?

Maybe you can run a seminar someday : how Healthcare Professionals Can Use Guns for Relaxation and Self-Defense.

I'm serious. In 3 years the budget deficit and other economic problems of the Philippines will inevitably result in a significant reduction of public services, including the police (such as they are).

I will be in touch with you in a couple of years.

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    ante: it's a hobby. the collection is never complete, there's always one more thing to get! ;f hahaha. Very expensive hobby we have, really!

in 3 years time, i may not be here in the islands anymore, also! ;e

did the speedloaders for the S&W arrive yet? we should schedule a practice-get together one of these days!

5. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    eye cutter - What's the trigger pull of the LDA?

vega

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting

are we gonna see eyecuter in the USPSA?;z

7. Eye Cutter, you're doing the right thing! Go to the States, make a bundle, buy all those Korths and Les Baers and .45acp Lugers. Then come back and set up a first-class gunrange behind your hospital.

8. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Hey Ante, join ka dun sa other glock forum.
    Your political views would make an interesting discussion

9. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Allegra -What other glock forum? Do you have a link?

vega

10. ReccaH

ReccaH Let's Play

Oct 10, 2002
    Manila
    lakas influence ni sir jerry!

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    my LDA breaks at 6 lbs.

12. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Yes it's good as long as you change some of the parts. Most of the parts in my case, but the major parts (frame, slide, barrel) are still para and i haven't had any problems with them. :)

;F to the BOG.

13. vergeman10in

vergeman10in

Feb 11, 2004
    philippines
    Thanks batangueno for the reply. What parts should i change? Plan to use it kasi for our club shoots. By the way, i'm batangueno also, from taal.

14. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Kabayan, are you planning of getting the Limited or the regular one, familiar lang kasi ako sa regular. If you have the regular, the first thing to go is the mag release, plastic kasi yung stock. Actually, good to go na 'yon after that. If you want to have a trigger job (lighten the pull), i suggest you replace the hammer, sear and disconnector. Tapos replace na lang yung other parts when they break or when you get the urge. ;f

My family (father side) comes from Talisay and Agoncillo. Si Doctabako from Balayan. :)

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Dre, personal opinion ko lang 'to and merely suggesting, so take it FWIW. If the unit you get runs out-of-the box, hintayin mo na lang mabiyak yung mga parts before replacing them. I've personally seem some brand new paras needing only minor touches and konti'ng polishing sa barrel/chamber areas and it ran fine. That way 'di ka masyado mapa-gastos ng malaki. Bala na lang bilhin mo instead.

;)

Wag mo tularan yang iba dyan kinakalikot yung baril kahit wala namang problema. ;f;f

16. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Aug 11, 2003
    Philippines
    ;F to BOG kabayan.

17. Kabayan, from Batangas City naman ako.

Welcome to BoG:)

18. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    72K na pala P16-40 in Blue. 80k yung stainless sa trust trade. I know batangueno got his Para for 36k way back in 1997!

19. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

Dec 8, 2003
    In-country

20. julianz

julianz toxic master

Sep 24, 2003
    sand castle