close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

P-22 ....Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by GSSF17, Feb 21, 2010.

1. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    I have a P-22 that is flawless and the wife loves it. I know there are problems out there but please, save the "that gun is crap" comments for someone else. I have a shooting buddy who bought a Walther P-22 for his wife, and about every 3rd or 4th round, the safety engages.

We have run the pistol clean, dirty, lubed well, DRY, and it does it almost every time. :dunno: I cannot figure it out! Any thoughts, suggestions, or input????

Thanks in advance!

2. 98_1LE

98_1LE

Oct 17, 2005
    Is sending it in for warranty work an option?

3. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    Sure! But kinda like anything else, if there is an "over the counter" remedy that is available and effective.......

....or if anyone has experienced this before, holler with your suggestions. It has got me stumped.

4. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    do a google search or hunt around at rimfire central as there is a fix for this

5. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL

Thanks. I did a quick Q on Rimfire Ctrl but must have missed the mark...... I'll try again.

6. I sent mine in and it only took 9 days to get it back in perfect working order. (As long as I use good ammo) Didn't cost a dime, they even paid shipping.

7. Billet

Billet

Mar 17, 2009
    The safeties on some P22s will "walk" during firing. There's a fix in the P22 Bible, but it takes some amateur machining. My first P22 didn't do this, but when S&W replaced the slide, the new safety would engage while firing.

8. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Oct 25, 2008
    Yank the slide and look at the safety rod that blocks the hammer. That safety rod will rub every time the slide cycles and turn itself on or off. If you file the rod down, it won't rub anymore.

9. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    10-4!!!

Thanks.