close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OWB holsters

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Ken43, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Ken43

Ken43

May 7, 2005
    I am a retired LE officer. Like most I have a drawer full of holsters that I thought would work but have not. I am looking for an OWB holster for a G-36. I have been looking at the Crossbreed Snapslide or the Superslide. Do any of you use one of these holsters? If so which one and how do you like it.
    Thanks for any information.

2. What were your main complaints with the holsters that didn't work out? Answering that question may help us steer you in the right direction.

3. Ken43

Ken43

May 7, 2005
    The other holsters I have are all leather, some by big name companies. They seem to ride out away from my body. I am using a 1 1/2 gun belt.

4. Checkout El Paso Saddlery's #88 Street Combat or if you want a thumb break #77 Tortilla holsters. They're very nice pancake style OWB holsters that hold the gun nice and close to the body. I've got a #77 for one of my 5" 1911's and its an excellent holster.

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

5. lens

lens

Nov 24, 2005
    Northeast
  6. x_out86

x_out86

Feb 19, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You cant go wrong with anything from Crossbreed. I have 2 holsters from them and have ZERO complaints about them.

He also has a lifetime warranty and a money back guarantee. I would say give one a try, and it its a no-go, then send it back. You wont be out anything.

7. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I like Bianchi Carry Lock for my OWB. Galco King Tuck tuckable for my IWB. Then other times I carry by other methods, but those are my two favourite for carrying a handgun.

8. Rob1109

Rob1109

Jul 4, 2010
    Have Crossbreeds Snapslide for my G26 and G30SF. Ordered both with "loose retention". I'm 70 and don't plan to do a lot of running or wall climbing etc. OWB = Kydex attached to leather backing. As advertised. They even made the G26 holster to fit with a CT Laser attached.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012