close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OWB Holster

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Linux3, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    Like a lot of kind of chubby guys I don't really like IWB holsters.
    The problem with OWB is that it takes a really long shirt to hide them.

I bought a Desantis Speed Scabbard 002BAD6Z0
    http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...action=prepare_detail&itm_id=5482&itm_index=0

It says it's for the K9, K40, P9 and P40 but I am using it for my TP9.

Little tight because of the bottom molding but I worked it in.
    The major benefit is that using the front bottom belt slide it rides real high.
    With a 1.5" belt the end of the muzzle is 3 1/4" below the TOP of the belt. This makes it easy to conceal with just a polo shirt.

Because it fits my TP9 I would assume a T9 would fit just the same.
    Poor pictures I know but you get the idea.

2. ripley16

ripley16

Dec 10, 2007
    Virginia
    Good find. As a comparison I just measured my Mitch Rosen Premier. It measured 3 7/8" from belt top to holster bottom, so I'd say you found a winner. On a side note; the TP does not fit as well in this holster, (labeled for the K9) as the steel T9 fits. The poly gun is a bit fatter.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010

3. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    I wanted a T9 when I bought the TP9, I just got tired of waiting.
    On th other hand I'm really happy with the TP9 so I guess it all worked out.

4. ripley16

ripley16

Dec 10, 2007
    Virginia
    I've been very pleased with the TP also, so much so that it has replaced one of my much loved and admired guns. I carry it in a shoulder holster, very easy and comfortable with such a light pistol.

5. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    I've been thinking about a shoulder holster. Any recommendations?

6. ripley16

ripley16

Dec 10, 2007
    Virginia
    I've only used a few so my experience is a bit limited. I wore out a DeSantis that worked well but it is no longer made and I'm not current on what they now offer, but it lasted about 14 years.

I had been using a Galco Miami Classic, which is an excellent rig. Very adaptable and with lots of modular accessories available. If I were to buy a new Galco, it would be a Miami Classic II, which has wider straps for a little more comfort.

I was about to purchase a new holster for my Galco rig when I saw a Cobra Holster for sale on the KahrTalk Forum. It was offered for about the same or less than a holster from Galco that I could have hung on my MC straps. I admit, I know nothing about Cobra, but the pics looked like it would work so I took a chance. It has so far worked well.

Based on my experience with their OWB holsters, I'd say you'd be safe with a Mitch Rosen product.

A good shoulder holster isn't cheap. They have their good points and faults. The only reason I wear one now is due to a bad back and I occationally need to stop wearing a belt. Concealment is more difficult, the draw is slower, but pain relief trumps all else.:crying: