close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OWB Holster for S&W Shield

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by RGV_Gringo, May 11, 2012.

1. RGV_Gringo

RGV_Gringo
    Expand Collapse

I bought a S&W Shield and have been looking for an OWB holster that could be bought over the counter that wasn't "universal". It turns out that the Fobus holster advertised for the Shield is actually one originally designed for the Walther PPS. My local Academy had 6 of these on the rack for $24.99 each. All are marked for the Walther, but it's the same model shown online. The fit is secure and feels like it was custom made for the Shield.

http://www.fobusholster.com/products/S_W_M_P_Shield_EVOLUTION_PADDLE_HOLSTER-8856-0.html

2. ZoomByU

ZoomByU
    Expand Collapse

I know you want one now but RCS has the shield holster in their quick ship list. What will you be using the holster for? Range? CCW?

3. RGV_Gringo

RGV_Gringo
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info on the Raven. The Fobus will mainly be for range carry. I have a Crossbreed on order or daily carry, and also have a replacement shell coming for my Minotaur. It's been a great pistol so far and may put my PM9 into backup/reserve status.

4. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

$25 for that Fobus aint bad but not the $38 on the website. Im sure for $40 ish you can get one of the custom guys in the classifieds to make a nice one

:50cal: