OWB holster for concealed carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Stlbrian, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I'm a big fan of both Raven Concealment or Darkhorse Concealment. I have one of both, here is my G19 in the Raven....

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 bunk22, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. I have for OWB holsters, 2 of them one is the Glock combat sports holster, the other is the safariland Als holster. To me the Glock holster is too flimsy. The Safariland is allot more sturdy and secure. Though it sticks out a bit more, than I like.

Most likely my next holster I'll get is the Ravenconcealment phantom holster. Everybody that I know that owns one loves them. They fit real close and curve to the body. Have great retention and have fast draws.

Though I mainly carry IWB with Crossbreed supertuck, the Raven holsters can go IWB as well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Raven makes a nice OWB holster.

Some folks have told me that they like the X concealment c series even better, so I have one on order to try out.

4. sandworm40

Silver Member

+1 on the X Concealment C2 series for Glock OWB.

5. EDCholsters

EDCholsters EDCholster.com

Check us out, you wont be disappointed!

6. This.

I've used my old Alessi CQC-S (Lou made it!) for my G21's/20 for 12 years or so.

And using the Ritchie CQR (or whatever the heck he calls it) for the G17 last year, or so.

I have a box 'O holsters, and have found nothing that conceals any better, very close to the Sparks VM2 or Theis/Crossbreed IWB holsters. I haven't carried IWB in a couple of years now!

For a less expensive alternative, I really like my Galco CombatMaster, other than the fact that it's only available with 3/4" belt slots.

I've used the Galco Concealable, but way too much forward cant for me.

#26 xrmattaz, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. Forgot to mention the CompTac paddles.

I have one for every Glock I own! My very favourite for range use, or open carry, as they are FAST to draw from, but I don't find 'em very concealable.

8. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

The Glock holster is my choice for EDC of my 26. Try it and get a feel for OWB without a lot of expense. If OWB works for you then upgrade, but you may find the Glock is all you need.

9. Good point.

That was the first OWB holster I used, still have a couple.

10. My favorites for my G23 and G27 are the Comp Tac adjustable cant paddle holser, which holds it high and tight to the body, and the Don Hume 721 OT, which I have for all my Glocks, Sigs and 1911. I have a box full of hosters, and did measurements on my 1.5" belt. These two holsters protruded below the belt less than all others (Galco, CQC, Bladetech, etc,) and also kept it tight to the body.

Just curious folks. When I watch shows like Blue Blood or Grim or other LE shows, when they leave their desk, they reach into their drawer for their Glocks which are in a leather paddle holster.

Any idea what holster Hollywood is using, and are actual LE using them?

11. Please risk the sum of $15 and try the Glock Sport/Combat Holster. The G23 fits nicely in both sizes. Cheers.

12. I've had really good luck with the basic Glock combat/sport holster. I paid $11 for it, heated up the polymer near the belt loops and configured it for a right hand draw and I wear it with my belt coming from behind, then OVER the holster and out through the lead belt loop. Pull it tight in any location from 3-4 on the dial and it's a great comfortable ride that draws well, holds the gun tight and prints very little with my G26 with the stock 10-round magazines (soon to have GAP floor plates).

13. Thank you all for the suggestions! I've got quite a lot of research ahead of me now!

14. I use Mitch Rosen's Premier Express. Very comfortable and concealable.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. I recommend Dark Star Gear

16. PJ's holsters makes some nice and simple Kydex holsters. They are very reasonably priced, and Paul will make them to your specs. They are thin and he makes them in IWB, OWB and drop down holsters as well. Check him out.

http://pjholster.com/

17. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

Stilbrian
    I don't have one , however, that comp-tech-paddle holster looks very impressive. Re holstering looks so easy. Let us know which holster you wind up with and how you like it.

18. I'm a big Galco fan. Currently carrying my G19 in a Galco belt slide. Holds my 19 very close to my body and, as the it's name suggest, it can slide between my belt loops. Very convenient for adjusting the holster when I get in or out of the car.

19. I like leather. Alessi CQC-S <=> Ritchie CQ-QR. Easy on/off, secure, comfy and pull close to body.

Ritchie for the 19. Alessi for the 26, can't tell a different on quality... other than Alessi has a slightly wider span.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#40 wagonm, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012