close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OUTDOOR ranges near Atlanta metro?

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by edhillphoto, Dec 29, 2008.

1. edhillphoto

edhillphoto
    Expand Collapse
    HappyGlockUser

Well, my wife FINALLY bought a pistol. Given her chronic shoulder problems the .22 gives her a way to learn proper technique with very light recoil.

Last Saturday we drove way out from Atlanta to Temple GA to Advanced Bullet outdoor range(West of Douglasville, GA). (My wife hates the 2 indoor ranges we tried previously.) Nice range, but I haven't been there in 4 years. Sadly it was so crowded, we would not get to shoot for over an hour. We would probably not get to shoot before they closed, so we went to a state park near Six Flags to hike instead.

So, I still have to find an outdoor range or outdoor gun club closer to Atlanta.
    Any one know one?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good question. I'm north of the city and would love a decent outdoro range but I am not aware of any near me.

3. pat1

pat1
    Expand Collapse

there is creekside range in cartersville google creekside range

4. pat1

pat1
    Expand Collapse

5. Jenell

Jenell
    Expand Collapse
    No. Period.

I went last weekend to one in Pickens Co I think it was- Talking Rock, GA. Was great. But I think you have to become a member but I don't think it's more than a couple hundred to join and a hundred after that. But don't quote me. This was what we shot...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972253

6. FillYerHands

FillYerHands
    Expand Collapse
    you son of a

Creek Side is a good range. I have shot the Steel Challenge matches a few times, and my daughter and I went there over Christmas and shot our new toys. She loves to ring the steel.

7. Knox489

Knox489
    Expand Collapse

Creekside is a great range. The guy who owns it is a former Army Ranger & sniper instructor at Ft. Benning. Everybody there is super cool.

Word of advice--If you go, take whichever vehicle has the most clearance. It's not a bad road to get there, just a little bumpy... and muddy on wet days.

8. StoneDog

StoneDog
    Expand Collapse

Wilson Shoals up I-985 is good. It's a little primitive (no running water when I was there) but the price is right (free).

9. thooks

thooks
    Expand Collapse

Can you post a link/map/address/etc??

10. StoneDog

StoneDog
    Expand Collapse