close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out-of-state visitor buying a handgun in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by bigtuna, May 4, 2006.

1. Kingslayer

Kingslayer
    Expand Collapse
    My New Title

It's the suncoast gun show...

You're not going to buy a pistol but it's because of the price not the laws...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SDBettas

SDBettas
    Expand Collapse

You can't buy one there? Are they expensive. AFter you buy one in Fla, and pay shipping, and an FFL xfer fee on your end, you would probablyl have wiped out any savings.

3. bigtuna

bigtuna
    Expand Collapse

That's why I don't want to do an FFL transfer.

The cheapest way to own a gun in Hawaii is to buy it out of state and bring it in your checked luggage on the airplane. When you arrive in Hawaii, you have 72 hours to register the gun with the police dept. I've brought in several guns to Hawaii this way when I was a Virginia resident.

Now that I'm an Hawaii resident, I would like to buy guns in Florida as a non-resident (when I visit my Dad in Venice, FL) and then bring the guns back with me to Hawaii in checked luggage on the airplane.

I'm pretty sure I cannot buy handguns in Florida as a non-resident. But how about buying long-guns as a non-resident AND taking possession of them while in Florida? Can I do this?

I'm trying to find a way to avoid the high cost of buying guns in Hawaii, and the high cost of FFL transfers here and shipping costs. (In Hawaii, you actually have to apply and pay $50 for a permit to buy a gun! Then you have xx number of days to buy it from the store you applied to buy it from and are authorized for. It's a big bureaucracy...)

EDIT: I was very good about buying all the guns I could when I lived in Virginia before I moved to Hawaii. But the AR-15 complete lower receiver was the only one I didn't get before I left.

4. tsbailey

tsbailey
    Expand Collapse

If your still looking for a local gunshop. The only one I knew of in Venice closed his doors a couple of months ago. If you feel like taking a drive you could head down to "Army Navy fashions" in Port Charlotte. Or up to "Take Aim" in Sarasota. Those are the only local shops I have dealt with and they both were ok with me.

5. Dual_40's

Dual_40's
    Expand Collapse

if you go to Port Charlotte, dont go to army navy. Go to Sport Trap. hes got better prices.

6. chewysolo

chewysolo
    Expand Collapse
    Don't Re Member