close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Out-Of-State Handgun Purchase

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by G26Fix, Jan 22, 2008.

1. G26Fix

G26Fix Luke 22:36

May 31, 2007
    North Carolina
    (This question is for my dad, but to keep it simple i will act as though it were me....)

I live in NC and work with a guy that lives in SC. He has a is pistol for sale that I want to buy. How must I do this legally? I am under the impression that a FFL MUST transfer the handgun for me, is this correct?

Thanks for you input....

2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    You're correct. FFL to FFL for out of state purchase on handguns. This keeps the hassles to near zero.

3. Glock'N'Load

Glock'N'Load

Feb 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Sorry to hijack your thread but what about face to face in NC I have a concealed carry permit. how do I know the other guy is on the up and up

4. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

Sep 7, 1999
    Columbia, SC
    Can you meet somebody from out of state at an FFL dealer in your state, and do a face to face transfer through the FFL?

5. Glock'N'Load

Glock'N'Load

Feb 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    yes you can do that. i know that is probably the best option but the dealer is going to charge you for his services. around here it is anywhere from $25-$50 per transaction.