Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Other reason than clean for a clean gun

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by jack76590, Aug 8, 2010.

1. jack76590

Aug 15, 2004
    In one thread you say it is ok not to clean some model guns between range sessions. I assume, you believe it is ok to walk around with a loaded, dirty handgun. I admit I don't clean my carry weapon until I arrive home. But sometimes I think I should clean it at the range.

My concern is not that the gun is dirty and will not fire. Rather it is that I will be near a shooting incident and the police will arrive and try to establish who fired shots. If I am there with a loaded gun in this situation and have not fired any shots, I really would like my gun to be clean.

I think the place you really want a clean gun is at gunshows, that allow you to carry your gun, even if they require it to be cable tied. A cable tie can be put in place a lot faster than a gun can be cleaned. I think in the event of a discharge, which has happened at gunshows, the police would consider any dirty gun suspect.

Maybe I am being too much, "belt and suspenders" concerning this situation. Would be interested in your take on this potential situation. Thanks.
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Jack, I never argue with the "belt and suspenders" approach. :supergrin: