close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OT: Tony Soprano sleeps with the fishes...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by txleapd, Jun 19, 2013.

1. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Actor James Gandolfini died today in Italy at the age of 51, of an apparent heart attack. Gandolfini is most noted for his role as the mobster, Tony Soprano, in the HBO series, The Sopranos.

He was a great actor, and he passed way too young. Rest in peace.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Dave Richardson

Dave Richardson

Oct 12, 2010

3. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Damn he was young, not much older than me. RIP

4. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I was sorry to hear this and that Vince Flynn died too. He was great as Tony and seemed liked a good guy in person.

5. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Vince Flynn, Slim Whitman, and now James Gandolfini in the same day...

It's going to be a weird night in Heaven tonight.

6. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Tx
    forgetaboudditt......

7. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Never watched the show but heard good things. From what I did see of him on TV, James always seemed like he may not be in the best of health, weight and cardiovascular-wise. Prayers for his family.

8. BobPistol

BobPistol

May 19, 2013
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRrciJ3yE6Y"]The Sopranos Intro With Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Love the song.

9. thinkfast

thinkfast

Aug 24, 2003
    Hoosierville
    Spent countless hours in front of the tube watching The Sopranos as a younger, single man. It's the only show I've ever watched that I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Brilliance? The combination of screenwriting, production, and acting that made you feel for Tony Soprano. It was amazing how he could make you feel for him, how he was a protagonist of sorts despite "that thing of theirs." When Melfi was attacked, you wanted Tony to get involved and fight thuggery with thuggery. You ended up liking him so much you could excuse his crimes. Brilliant.

I think folks are going to be watching The Sopranos for decades as folks like us introduce our kids to it when they're old enough. That's the difference between being good & being great--in 50 years someone in a room of 30 people will have heard of The Sopranos.

Salud.

10. thinkfast

thinkfast

Aug 24, 2003
    Hoosierville
    Spent countless hours in front of the tube watching The Sopranos as a younger, single man. It's the only show I've ever watched that I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Brilliance? The combination of screenwriting, production, and acting that made you feel for Tony Soprano. It was amazing how he could make you feel for him, how he was a protagonist of sorts despite "that thing of theirs." When Melfi was attacked, you wanted Tony to get involved and fight thuggery with thuggery. You ended up liking him so much you could excuse his crimes. Brilliant.

I think folks are going to be watching The Sopranos for decades as folks like us introduce our kids to it when they're old enough. That's the difference between being good & being great--in 50 years someone in a room of 30 people will have heard of The Sopranos.

Salud.

11. Hedo1

Hedo1

Oct 1, 2007
    SE Pennsylvania
    You hit the nail on the head. Years from now people will still refer to him as Tony Soprano, fondly. That's a gift some actors have. You forget they are playing a role it comes so naturally and you lose yourself in the story. That's great entertainment.