close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OT:Skycable goes digital..Man it sucks!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Apr 30, 2006.

1. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    2 weeks ago, Skycable chose my city to be its guinea pig for its digital box project to combat cable piracy. i have no problem with that, the thing is

i lost the local channels since the installation,
    there are times the video output had a lot of pixels
    the box hangs and requires a 15 minute reset
    and they won't roll back until their digital network is fixed.

:frown:

so, i'm putting my moolah elsewhere and shifting to DTH, "klaro wherever!!"

2. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    From http://www.dream.com.ph/support/support_faq.asp?npage=14

What is DTH Service?

The Direct-To-Home (DTH) service is a digital satellite service that provides television services direct to subscribers anywhere in the country. Since it makes use of wireless technology, programs are sent to the subscriber's television direct from the satellite, eliminating the need for cables and any cable infrastructure. This is particularly valuable in remote and difficult to reach areas where cable and in many cases, terrestrial television services are poor or non existent.

DTH services also provide the finest of picture and sound quality which is considered to be second to none worldwide. Now surround sound, home theaters, live concerts and daily television programming are all delivered to your home with the same quality as any modern movie theater.

I think this is what I need since Sky doesn't service my area here in the province --too far from the city or some such nonsense :upeyes:

3. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Aay, stop complaining. Now you have more time to reload. Praktis ka na mag load ng super. :supergrin: :supergrin:

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
  5. casmot

casmot Re membered

I have Dream Satellite in Antipolo. So far, ok except it doesn't have ABS-CBN 2 and Studio 23. And yes claro.

6. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

Dec 8, 2003
    In-country
    you're not missing much, bro! ;N think about it, they control power, water, entertainment, cable tv, the net and who knows what else. losing skycable is one less finger crushing you "down south"...