close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OT: school in Quezon City

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by kristiansen, Nov 22, 2004.

1. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Dec 7, 2002
    on the road again
    Hello! we are planning to tranfer our kids to a school located in Quezon City next year.my kids are ages 8 (2nd grade)& 9(3rd grade)so far,we've visited Ateneo.any recommendations? range of school fees? advantage/disadvantages? thanks.

2. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Is there any particular area in QC that you are considering?

I can only speak of PAREF Northfield near Tomas Morato, QC, since my son studied there for 2 years. Its an all boys school run by an organization of parents associated with the Opus Dei. Range of school fees is around P60k a year (gasp)

Advantages:
    - all boys school
    - decent class size
    - just 5 minutes from our old home (10 minutes by foot)
    - competitive academic formation

Disadvantages:
    - all boys school
    - you have to pay a bond on the first year (5 digit figure) before your son can enrol

We chose this school over Ateneo or other "prestigious" institutions primarily we knew some parents who put in a good word about it, and because of its proximity to our residence.

HTH.

3. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Dec 7, 2002
    on the road again
    thanks mikey! any recommendations/comments are welcome.coz sometimes quality of education depends now on how many zeros are there in the school fees! ouch!esp. relative pollution of school location,safety,traffic conditions etc.thanks.

4. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    You can try Lourdes School of QC here in Kanlaon, QC. All boys school. Tuition for prep is around 35k/year.

5. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    I must second that!:)

Me '86 and Eye Cutter '81 are Lourdesians;)

6. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    I'm sure jmy and ppts would agree with me here. Try Ateneo. Never mind the traffic, etc. It's part of the formation ;f

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    hmmm....OT: Ateneo just reminded me of DLSU. Aside from the fabled rivalry, I've seen tri-meets with UP in the field of basketball and golf. Has there ever been a tri-meet or Ateneo vs. DLSU IPSC match or funshoot?

8. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Mas enjoy siguro if they do force-on-force training. They'd probably go at each other's neck like there's no tomorrow.

9. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    badminton din. 2 years na "smash for smash". kaso the last one nagkapikunan yung mga organizers of both sides at nag walk out ang dlsu. i really don't know who was at fault, but it's sad to see a school backed up by LaSalle brothers and another school backed up by Jesuit priests end up that way.

for me, the jokes on the rivalry of the 2 schools are ok and amusing, but nobody should take it seriously because they do have 1 thing in common - both are Catholic schools. most of my badminton buddies came from DLSU. ;) i have nothing against their system, and i think they produce very good students. one big fight!