close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OT: Prayers Needed

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Django, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Folks,

My wife had a mass in her breast removed last week. It was subjected to biopsy after removal.

Bad news.

The biopsy result turned out positive. Both of us were not able to sleep last night because of the anxiety.

We will be seeing the surgeon today for the next steps. Please pray for her. We really need the prayers.

Thanks.

2. Astra22

Astra22

May 15, 2006
    Southerner
    God Bless bro! Let go off your worries and Let God carry it for you!

My family will include you in our prayers.

3. sundancekid

sundancekid

Mar 27, 2006
    Philippines
    +1

@Django

our prayers are with you and your wife.

4. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

Mar 6, 2004
    ETiVAC
  5. toxic

toxic

Jan 15, 2005
    doin' time
    my prayers for your wife, we're on the same boat my dad is sick as well sa lungs naman.

6. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    my wife and I will include her in our prayers

7. will include your wife and family in our prayers.

8. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    atty. jun,

im so sad to hear about this, rest assured that my wife and me will pray for her.

andrew.

9. It was a sad day for us.

The doctor confirmed that my wife has breast cancer and the next step would be the removal of her breast and radiation. Or radiation plus chemotherapy depending on what they see when they open her up. He tried to sound positive by saying that the survival rate of this type of cancer is high at 80%. And to think that tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary.

After the initial shock, there was the 'denial' stage where you hope that all of this was just a bad dream and you'll wake up pretty soon. Then comes the frustration with the realization that this is for real and that you cannot do anything about it. Then the feeling of helplessness which creeps into the deep recesses of you inner self. How I wish I had a stronger faith to accept all of this and place everything in the hand of my God. If there was one day in my life where I felt that I was very vulnerable and a mere mortal, this was today.

I just looked at my wife and recalled all the happiness that we shared together as well as all the things I said and did which made her cry. How I wish I could relive my life all over again and do things differently so that she would not have cried on my account.

Thanks to all for the prayers and give your wives a big hug. You love them more than you think you do.

10. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    Sir Django,

I may not know how you are feeling or what you're going through because i am not in your situation, but what i know and have experienced is that it's never too late to get close to God and just let Him help you and your wife ease out the anxieties in your life. God has made wonders in my life and with my family also...may God open your heart and mind to give you comfort and healing for you, your wife, and the rest of the family. May God bless you!!!

11. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Nov 25, 2003
    Love your wife and love yourself and God will do the rest. I have a co-worker and friend who had breast cancer when she was 25 and now she is at the ripe old age of 70 enjoying her retirement years. My family will include yours in our prayers. :)

Stay strong for your family Sir.

12. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
  13. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    I will pray for your wife.

Be strong and have faith.

14. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    i'm very sorry to hear that sir. be strong, we will be praying for the two of you atty.