close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OT: Ford Recall

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by isuzu, Aug 3, 2007.

1. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

Ford has announced today that it was recalling about 3.6 million vehicles; that includes cars, pick ups, SUVs and vans made between 1992 and 2007 due to a faulty Cruise Control Switch that may catch fire.

I recall that in the late 90's, actress Jean Garcia's Expedition caught fire while it was parked in the garage. She was lucky to have an alert househelp that woke her up, and they evacuated the house. The cause of the fire was never determined, but there has been a lot of similar cases here in North America.

Ford said that it will notify owners of the said vehicles, but I thought of giving BOGs who own Ford vehicles, especially our Philippine-based BOGs a heads up.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Alexii

Alexii
    Expand Collapse
    Janeway Forever

Man, that sucks. I just saw the new ad of the new diesel-engined Focus today. Thanks for the heads-up; will warn my bro-in-law about this.

3. chocoboy

chocoboy
    Expand Collapse

Sir Isuzu,

Is this recall already in effect in the US? Whatabout here in the Philippines? Can you pls post a link where u got this info? Pano kaya mga taong bumili na ng 2nd hand? May makukuha pa kaya sila?

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

4. mikey177

mikey177
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

5. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

Are there cruise controls in the Philippines?

6. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

Most of the fords subject to recall here in the Phils I think have been repaired or the defects corrected.

It involves a wiring harness of the cruise control near the brake fluid reservoir which may heat up and cause fire.

In my case, Ford replaced the wiring harness with a new design during a regular periodic maintenance service. I did not have to bring the unit to Ford just for that recall.

For buyers of second hand Fords, just check the wiring harness over the brake fluid area. If its corrected already, the harness should be colored blue.

7. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Yung mga luxury SUVs na siguro like expeditions, explorers and excursions. Sa ford ko wala eh. :)

8. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

A lot of North American vehicles that are sold there have cruise controls. Our family friend's Expedition has one, that's why I sent him an email. My friend's Explorer comes equipped with cruise control.

9. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

Jun said that the dealer replaced the problem part in his Ford. I hope Ford implements that recent recall and inform Ford owners in the Philippines because it involves 3.6 million vehicles.

This comes at a bad time for Ford since it was the first time in years that they posted an income. GM on the other hand, has been doing well.

But what needs to be corrected, needs to be corrected.

10. Montero

Montero
    Expand Collapse

My ford expedition has cruise control but have not used it even once. I need to check with Ford about this recall.
    Thanks for the information. I had it service last week but they never said anything about the recall.

11. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze
    Expand Collapse
    Notorious

Any idea if the E150 is included in this recall?

12. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

The recall includes vans. I think that they use the same part for all the vehicles that are subject to recall.

13. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

Better have it checked even if you don't use the cruise control. There were cases where this part caught fire even if the cruise control was off.

14. theTactician

theTactician
    Expand Collapse

buti na lang di kasama mga mustangs. hehehe.