OT-Eotech

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by norton, Oct 20, 2010.

1. My son's best friend is a Sgt in the Marine Corps. He did 2 tours in Iraq. He sent me an e mail a few weeks ago and asked if I would like to have the Eotech he used in the sandbox.
    I just got it.
    Looks like somebody has an excuse to buy a new upper. My Ar has the permanent carry handle. I have been wanting a flattop anyway.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Black Rifle forum is over there ^

But...was he having to use a personally owned Eotech on his issued rifle while deployed...or did he liberate a USGI Eotech?

3. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

:needspics:

I'm a lot like Reagan... 'Trust, but verify'. :whistling:

Jack

4. If it was anyone but you Jack, I wouldn't bother with the photo.
    But since I consider you the Commandant of GTR, here ya go.

5. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

That is very generous of you and in truth I never doubted you for a moment... I simply didn't have any idea what an Eotech was.

Now I know. Seems to me when I proudly wore the uniform our M-16's were equipped with... oh, rats... what did they call them... oh yeah... SIGHTS!

BTW... do all of those nifty things come standard with that manly, handsome gentleman in the viewfinder? :whistling:

Jack

6. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

I enlarged the pic, thats funny! :rofl:

Bob

7. Looks like that scope is still aimed at an Iraqi.. FIRE AT WILL!

IGF

8. Hey Jack
    In this thread you are surrounded by Hoosiers!

I would type more witty responses, but I have to tie up my goat before it gets dark.

9. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

:rofl::rofl:

10. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

[​IMG]

:supergrin:

Bob

11. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Jack, a lot of water has passed over the dam since you were in the service. (Somebody best check and see if there is any water left in the pond!) Those "sights" are now commonly referred to as "iron sights" as opposed to what most everyone else wants/uses today - an Eotech or an ACOG.

12. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Hey, if 'iron' was good enough for the gladiators it's good enough for me.

Jack

13. Thats a cool gift, had to pay $480 for mine.

14. Since when? You never used a site in your life. :whistling:

15. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Glock'N Roll

I am curious what model # that Eotech is? I would love to get ahold of one of the ACOG sights that had the biblical #'s on them. I bet they would be a pretty cool collectors piece someday? Good score, I hope you don't see any Iraqui ghosts through her, lol.

16. Sounds like you got a hell of a deal. I've been procrastinating about getting an Eotech for a long while now. But what does this have to do with reloading?

17. you reload the ammo for the rifle that the sight goes on?:whistling:

18. As our Commandant, Jack, likes to say, we talk about everything on GTR.

And yes, I do reload for my AR.

19. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

2wheelDuke:

For your own sanity and well being pay little attention to Norton... there is no Commandant on GTR... the home is still trying to get his meds regulated and it has been a challenge that they have yet to conquer.

Unlike lessor loading forums on the net GT has managed to find that balance of very knowledgeable, experienced loaders who take great pleasure in helping newbs to learn and enjoy the addiction.

A value added facet of this forum is that it's recognized that ancillary subjects add to the over-all experience of loading, shooting and firearms knowledge in general and threads tend to be replete with nuances that are found nowhere else on the web.

In short, it's just a bunch of friends sitting around a table BS'ing about things we have in common, without the cigar smoke and scotch... unfortunately.

Hang around, become a member of the 'mad house club', teach what you know, learn what you don't and above all... have a little fun.

Oh, BTW... welcome. :wavey:

Jack

20. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Well, I'll agree with the cigar smoke comment, but not the scotch.. :cool: