close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OT : delivered Lechon. What brand?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by antediluvianist, Aug 29, 2007.

1. What brand of delivered lechon do you recommend? I will have a series of foreign visitors coming in and I need some suggestions.

I find "Mila's" to be pretty good. A pretty big lechon is about P6,000 delivered, including sarsa. Small one is in the P3k - P4k range.

I used to order Cebu-type lechon, but I found I was still dipping it in sarsa so the non-Cebu type na lang.

Goes well with Lipitor.

What brand do you recommend (of delivered-to-your-house lechon) ?

2. pogi

pogi Nuon

Jan 23, 2006
    KYUSEE
    Pre,

The BEST Phil. lechon is ELARS. It's evenly cooked. I think it turns 3,000+ times on temp-monitored grilling medium. Quite expensive lang than others. They have office at Quezon Avenue near Rotonda-Espana. Consult yellow pages also.

Then you have the one done by Hecky Tabuena. He claims "less cholesterol since fat had dripped off severly". I saw their outlet near Alabang Town Center.

3. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    the one in total gas station? we ate there once it was yummy:thumbsup:

4. G19cPH

G19cPH

Jul 25, 2006
    Philippines
    Kamayan's suckling pig is ok for me 4k-5k IIRC.

5. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    my vote goes to ELARS also, NOT ELARZ. :)

they claim to have less fat underneath the balat. the address posted above is correct. phone numbers are 7317551 and 7317552

6. Taurus

Taurus

Jan 10, 2003
    Area 51
    Another vote for Elars (not Elarz). We used to order at another lechon house until certain deliveries were observed to have been somewhat burnt. Nothing worse than bitter overcooked lechon skin. Elars quality is consistent.

7. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    One more vote for ELARS. The best. I think the P 3,000 lechon is now at P 4,500. Mucho Sarap.

8. If you got a friend in Dumaguete City, my hometown, have him airfreight some to you. They're the best, guaranteed.:thumbsup:

9. orimar3

orimar3

Jun 30, 2006
    Manila
    I've been hearing raves about Itok's Lechon in Angono, Rizal. Haven't had a chance to try it but I'm told by connoisseurs and foodie friends that this is the best-in-town. Sorry, I've no contact details handy and I don't think they deliver.

10. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Is it true that "Lechoners" baste their roast sometimes with Coke, Tru-Orange, milk, pineapple juice, salted water etc? I am just trying to gather your opinion which basting is best. Kasi dito sa lugar ko, pare-pareho ang lasa at walang consistency and lutong (crispiness) ng balat.
    I would opine that lechon when cooked outdoors (old school) where the mang le-lechon wears tsinelas, half drunk sits next to the coals is the best.:laughabove:

11. casmot

casmot Re membered

Para medyo sweet and crispy ang balat, try 3 parts coconut water and 1 part coke.

+1 Elars.

12. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
  13. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2004
    nasa Luzon
    ang elars at elarz halos magkatabi lang yan..ang elars ata nasa loob ng speaker perez pero malapit sa quezon ave at welcome rotunda..ang elarz ay nasa speaker perez cor quezon ave or the other way around...

14. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    our family likes Belen's lechon sa quiapo.

15. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Remember, that when lechon is eaten on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, cholesterol is drawn off the meat then drips onto the coals. :rofl: :rofl:

16. foxyyy

foxyyy

Jun 30, 2006
    Philippines
    wait till you guys have eaten Iligan's lechon...no other lechon simply tastes as good...kaya pasyal na kayo dito sa city fiesta namin this end of sept. :supergrin:

17. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Pambihira, this topic is making hungry.

Missssss ko na lechon.....ibalik ninyo ako sa pinasss...:banana: :banana:

18. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston

Catsmeow, tutuo yan sa Dumaguete City, i was there pards last 2005 , the one along Calindagan Bridge , is roasty and crispy. Same one theres an eatery going to Valencia with the labuyung sili.
    Asa ka sa ato pards?