close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Oryx hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Hummerbike, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    Went Oryx hunting this morning. Had to drive between a ranchers home and his bed and breakfast in order to reach the hunting area. Standing between the two buildings was an Oryx. I didn't dare shoot him since I was only fifty yards from the house and they were still in bed. It sure got the hunt off to a good start.

2. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    Just north of the Stallion missle range. We actually drove thru an uncontrolled part of the range while hunting.

3. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Spent many moons hanging out with the oryx on the Donna Anna range. We'd usually see them around the state line road. I didn't know you could hunt them in the summertime--lordy its gotta be in the mid 90's right now. Your meat will be jerky before it hits the ground! Good hunting...

4. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    I drew for a depredation hunt that gives me the entire month of July to hunt. Have to hunt off range.

5. 10mmWendel

10mmWendel

Jul 13, 2010
    Texas
    If/when you kill you should post some pictures so I can live vicariously through you :wavey: