close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Orlando Gunsmiths

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Da-Squad, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Da-Squad

Da-Squad Capt/Ret.

Jan 1, 2008
    Florida
    Anyone know of a Gunsmith in the Orlando area that could remove a rear sight and install a new one the same day,possibly while you wait kind of thing? I know I will need to call ahead to see if it is possible and an extra fee would probably be in order but was wondering if someone new who I could contact first? If their is such a service.

2. RPVG

RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Check out Shoot Straight in Apopka.

I had removed my G30's rear sights and tapped in a LaserLyte rear sight, but I needed the sights zeroed. Their gunsmith did it while I waited and wouldn't take any money for it.

Nice range there, too.

3. Da-Squad

Da-Squad Capt/Ret.

Jan 1, 2008
    Florida
  4. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    On a Glock? You don't need a smith for that...just find someone with a rear sight pusher. What part of Orlando are you in, and where do you shoot?

5. Da-Squad

Da-Squad Capt/Ret.

Jan 1, 2008
    Florida
    I was able to install a Laserlyte on my Glock.
    My problem is with a S&W M&Pc. I am able to remove the rear sight, but getting the Laserlyte on did not happen. I was able to get it on half way and it would not go any further. I was worried than that to much banging on the laser would break it.
    As for shooting I have not been out for a long time but when I did I went to Shoot Straight in Apopka mainly because I lived over on the Northside of the county. I now reside over by SeaWorld

6. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    Do you plan to go to the Orlando GSSF match next month? I suspect you could get the armorer there to help you out. I plan to be there on the second day (Sunday) and have all the tools for Glock front/rear sight installation.