close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orlando Gunsmiths

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Da-Squad, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Da-Squad

Da-Squad
    Expand Collapse
    Capt/Ret.

Anyone know of a Gunsmith in the Orlando area that could remove a rear sight and install a new one the same day,possibly while you wait kind of thing? I know I will need to call ahead to see if it is possible and an extra fee would probably be in order but was wondering if someone new who I could contact first? If their is such a service.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. RPVG

RPVG
    Expand Collapse

Check out Shoot Straight in Apopka.

I had removed my G30's rear sights and tapped in a LaserLyte rear sight, but I needed the sights zeroed. Their gunsmith did it while I waited and wouldn't take any money for it.

Nice range there, too.

3. Da-Squad

Da-Squad
    Expand Collapse
    Capt/Ret.

Thank you, I will try them.

4. njl

njl
    Expand Collapse

On a Glock? You don't need a smith for that...just find someone with a rear sight pusher. What part of Orlando are you in, and where do you shoot?

5. Da-Squad

Da-Squad
    Expand Collapse
    Capt/Ret.

I was able to install a Laserlyte on my Glock.
    My problem is with a S&W M&Pc. I am able to remove the rear sight, but getting the Laserlyte on did not happen. I was able to get it on half way and it would not go any further. I was worried than that to much banging on the laser would break it.
    As for shooting I have not been out for a long time but when I did I went to Shoot Straight in Apopka mainly because I lived over on the Northside of the county. I now reside over by SeaWorld

6. njl

njl
    Expand Collapse

Do you plan to go to the Orlando GSSF match next month? I suspect you could get the armorer there to help you out. I plan to be there on the second day (Sunday) and have all the tools for Glock front/rear sight installation.