Original G17 s/n APxxxUS

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by OwenMoney, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I purchased it new in 85 or 86 I think. It has been fired very little and never carried. I have everything that came with it, tupperware box etc.
    I would consider selling it to buy a new 9mm or .45acp to shoot a lot rather than start shooting this one.
    But only if I get enough $ to make it worth my while.
    How much $ can I expect and is anyone interested?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt Holsters & Related Items Jun 25, 2015
    "Mazda pits 2016 MX-5 Miata against the original......" The Okie Corral Jun 19, 2015
    ....you know how sequels are never as good as the original? The Okie Corral Jun 16, 2015
    *Mad Max Fan Recreates Original Interceptor Car.... The Okie Corral Jun 11, 2015
    Covers that are better than the originals Uncategorized Oct 8, 2008

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

$350 ish.....

:cool:

4. PM sent

5. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

6. If you sell it to someone from state of MASS, you may get around $500 for it, due to per ban regulation.

7. I live in Illinois.

Attached Files:

8. I don't know a thing about early Glocks. So, can someone tell me why the gunbroker pic of a Gen1 doesn't have any markings on the left side of the slide but the OP's left side does?

9. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

Thats NOT the original box for that gun, which is going to hurt your price a little.

10. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

All Glocks* (17's) have the similar markings on the left side as this one does. Take a closer look at the pic from GB and I think you will see the markings there, they are just very poor photos and a little dark, but the markings are there.

If this is the one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=276411513

It has the markings, just hard to see.

#10 patcrad, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  11. I sent it back to Glock to upgrade internal parts to make current and I have a list of that. I don't remember getting a different box, but that would be the only possibility. I have the original receipt and cleaning brush also.

12. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

Ok, thats what happened. If you shipped it back for upgrades with the original box, Glock would have swapped it out for the one you have now. Glock is trying to get as many of the old box's out of Glock owners hands as possible. The original box would have had the ammo holders molded into the box. This is why they are somewhat "collectable" as they are becoming harder to find.

This is the box:
    [​IMG]

13. I would call Glock up and try to get the original box back if it were me.

14. Is Glock doing that because of some kind of liability issue or what?Because they feel it encourages guns and ammo to be stored together or is it something else?

15. From my understanding there were some accidental discharges related to the old box, maybe something about the post going through the trigger guard although your newer designed box has that also. So not sure could be the ammo in box or some other design flaw.

#16 lohman, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  16. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

yep, all the above.