Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ordering a RRA upper

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by enukis, Mar 6, 2012.

1. enukis

Nov 6, 2004
    Hello all,

I am interested in ordering a 458 socom upper from Rock River Arms but I do not like the exact configurations they offer on their website. Specifically, I would like a low profile gas block with a longer quad rail on the upper.

I realize that I could order an upper that they offer and tweak it later but I figure it makes more sense to have them build it the way I would like from the get-go.

Does anyone know if RRA will take custom orders that deviate from the uppers they offer on their website? I know that I can get this answer directly from the source but I have tried calling and it seems like you have to wait a long time to get through to someone on the phone.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I did some searching for an answer and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread.

2. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen Gunfighter

Feb 18, 2011
    Leesburg, GA
    I don't know for sure, but I think they would be amenable to it if you can talk to someone directly. The first AR upper I ordered was from RRA and it allowed customization through drop down menus on their website. Things such as changing out the handguard, flash hider, barrel steel, etc. There was about a 6 week lead time for them to build the upper and as soon as it was ready a nice lady called me and gave me an update.

Give them a call and just wage through the wait time and talk to them personally.

3. svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    If you can't get a hold of them to ask questions about a purchase, how do you think they are going to take care of you with a warranty issue? My suggestion would be to spend a few more bucks and buy a much better upper from a better company with better CS. I would look into a DD or BCM.
  4. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    = problem. RRA anymore is a lot of $ for what you get, IMO. Especially considering their 'service'.
  5. enukis

Nov 6, 2004
    Thanks for the responses. You guys have brought up a couple of valid points, definitely food for thought.