close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ordered my new AR for USPSA rifle!!!

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by mike g35, Oct 3, 2012.

1. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    I ordered my new AR today for USPSA rifle and 3 gun from Cabelas in Rogers MN. The gun library there had a brand new (never fired anyway) Sabre Defence XR15 Competition Extreme. It has 45 degree offset irons, an 18 inch barrel with rifle length gas system, and a gill brake. List price on the gun was alot more than I wanted to spend, Cabelas had this one for $1700, and I got it for right under $1400 (employee discount). Now I'm thinking of ordering a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24 w/ green illuminated triangle reticle. i can pick one up for under $500. Opinions on the rifle? The optic?

2. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    Nice score and congrats!

I like trijicon, it's very nice, but over priced IMHO for the civilian user. I just installed 2 Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24. Illuminated reticle, small precise dot for long range with a donut for up close. MoA bars, range calculating, zero stops, hi-viz turret id locators, and good glass. All for $500.

I have never shot USPSA though. My choice was designed around home defense, ranch land, IDPA carbine match and coyotes on a 16" AR. YMMV.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

3. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    USPSA is fast. Hence the 45 degree irons. Didn't know about that Vortex. I can get them for 40% off also. Thanks. Ill have to check them out.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. sounds like a sweet gun.

i would definitely look at the Vortex. i am saving for the PST 1-4x MOA scope to replace my Millett DMS.

5. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    Understood. Here ya go. LOL :) View attachment 228095

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    Yes, definitely running 45* sights on mine as well. The Viper should be a $1k scope for all you get. I was looking at running a scope with flip-ups and 45* micro reddot, but when I found the Viper my plan changed.