Order a few cases of .22lr?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by emt1581, Dec 28, 2012.

1. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Maybe.'08.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Multiple traps.

1. the kind that an animal steps in and then cannot retract its foot;

2. the loop type that the deer walks into;

3. the spring type wherein the deer causes itself to be hung up.

4. the deadfall type.

You can also do baiting over a salt block or a salt lick. The salt lick is when you put the salt on the ground and the animal disturbs the soil to get at the salt.

Ok ASPCA types - read about the $9 million dollars you were ordered to pay the Fields organization this month (Ringling Bros. Circus). Say, google it just for kicks.

I would put out salt blocks on the stepmom's farm in Mississippi and here just to see what kinds of wildlife existed that people would not normally spot. Not hunting them.

I do not advocate anything illegal. My older brother had a Christmas tree farm in PA and had permission to shoot deer "out of season" and would have them donated to the local orphanage.

Like so many other things that we should know for after shtf, it is really too late at that point to develop tracking, hunting, shooting, trapping skills.

3. Still waiting on a response to this...:upeyes:

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Cheap, functional, multi-purpose.

Ain't much more of a reason than that.

5. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Amen reverend! :wavey:

-Emt1581

6. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

We are on the same page now. :) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!

7. Maybe, maybe not...the end result of a poorly placed shot is certainly not "end of topic".

Too much of a margin of error (even with a head shot) that leads to a wounded and lost animal.

Which is why the 22LR is an illegal cartridge to use for taking deer, atleast in Maine, not sure about the rest of the country.

Not saying it can't be done, of course.

8. Just a few friendly disagreements based on my experiences. I don't know but maybe the deer out west and down south are somehow different than Northern Whitetails?

9. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

Sensibly, reasonably because panic buying is in full force. Ammo is no longer brass--it's GOLD. It's beyond the point of asking why, but where (can I find some--if I don't have any or enough).

If you had the foresight to horde .223/5.56. 7.62x39, x51, etc OR their respective magazines--well, you are sitting pretty right about now. How about a few crates of ARs? Keep a handful and sell a bunch at insane prices. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

Over on rimfire central, this whole panic thing caught hundreds, if not thousands, of those guys off guard. 20,000 doesn't sound too bad when you can't find a box of 50 to feed your rimfire habit.

This PANIC has "fingers", too. It is reaching into other areas of gear and supplies that make little sense at this point, BUT AGAIN, that doesn't matter. If you need or want something, you better make arrangements to get it now or find yourself without. BTW, I just ordered another case of 5000 rounds of .22 lr this morning. If I don't use it all in my lifetime, maybe my kids will. It just might have trade value in the near future as well.

Combine my answer with the other posts in this thread and maybe you can piece together a good "reason". If not, any number of us may be willing to sell or barter a few .22 rounds if you find yourself lacking in the future.

#69 boone10, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  10. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

Couldn't believe the ammo shelves at Cabela's yesterday. .22lr was nowhere to be found, nor primers, powder etc... Very disappointing day indeed. I hope the people that are in the panic buying also put forth the same effort to contact their legislators.

11. Bravo 1

Bravo 1 Serious Infidel
    CLM

As one who has had to use a .22LR to eat, I assure you that a head shot will drop a deer in it's tracks.

Your reservations are unfounded.:cool:

12. I actually looked in WM today for .22 ammo.....nothing at all! First time I've actually looked.

13. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Good friend of mine found a couple pounds or VARGET, and he got some stuff for himself, a couple hundred .40 bullets, .223 brass, and a couple thousand small rifle primers.

Look for the small shops.

Good luck.

#73 Cavalry Doc, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  14. Do you mind if I ask where? or at least how much it was? Do you get much of a discount on bulk with .22?

15. Sgammo had some 5,000 round cases of Eley Sport for $259 (firewall at work prevents me from double checking that price..sorry). They had CCI std velocity at $279?

The Eley sport isn't "actual" Eley but made under contract by the same company which makes Aguila.

I checked Gander Mountain and two Walmarts on the way home for S&G's....I found one Walmart had half a dozen boxes of Stingers. That's it.

You can find it. Ammoman recently had 5-600 cases of 7.62 Wolf HPs at $299. Yep, this is an extra $100 over what they were pre-Sandy Hook...but they had 500+ cases. I think they are gone now.

16. My Wal*Mart had a sign on the ammo case that said the warehouse was out of 9mm, .40S&W, .223 and .22LR.

17. Think about the impact of this statement.

Walmart is the highest volume seller of ammunition in the U.S by a long shot.

18. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

There is no "impending ban". There's a bunch of idiot politicians with a wish list and .22s arent even on it. Stop scaring the sheep.

19. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

The AHCA wasn't gonna fly either.'08.

20. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

I hope people put as much effort into writing their elected officials as they do posting in all of these threads.