Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Options for Stocks

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Rich22, Feb 16, 2013.

1. bilkay

Aug 30, 2011
    Though pricey, the VLTOR EMod stock is great.
  2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    I have them on both my 20" Hbars, and my Armalite AR10A2 Carbine. I have the M4 style stock on a little Bushmaster carbine but it really leaves a lot to be desired. I have two have to lowers that are as yet un-stocked.

One it getting the Magpul CRT stock, the other I have been thinking about sticking an A2 stock on and making a 5.56 version of my Armalite.

As for buffers.

I had been keeping an eye out for them since the shooting.
    Last week Midway got some on in both the standard carbine, heavy carbine, and regular rifle length buffers.

I picked up some heavy buffers. They may have some standard rifle ones left.

3. Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    I will check that out, thanks.

I just picked up a full A2 stock kit from Midway last week for my 18" AR and put it on already. Much better than the adjustable stock :)
  4. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Dec 10, 2009
    West of the East coast
    I own Moe and CtR and UBR
    Buy a CTR and add the thicker rubber butt pad .07 I think
  5. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    Can't go wrong with a CTR. Have quite a few ARs with them. I really like the ACS and ACS-L as well depending on the rifle and the balance. I wound up with the ACS on my main hunting AR(.308). If it's going to be a standard rifle a CTR may fit the bill fine, unless you desire a bigger cheek weld and compartments for storage. Only you can answer that.
  6. sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    I just got a od magpul ctr and i really like it. Its sooo much better than the regular ar15 stocks
  7. RHVEtte

Nov 20, 2007
    This. Except I'd swap out the ACS for the ACS-L. The standard ACS is a heavy sonuvabatch even when empty. Fill all of the compartments and it makes the gun pretty ass-heavy.
  8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Depends on how nose-heavy your gun is. My SBR balances out beautifully with an ACS installed, and it gives me space for extra copies of my NFA peperwork, 2 spare Surefire batteries, and extra foam earplugs.
  9. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Dec 10, 2009
    West of the East coast
    I like the weight of the UBR, it balances my suppressed BCM Middy perfectly
  10. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    If you've ever run a 14.5" M4 with an M203, quadrant and leaf sights, PEQ2 (DBAL these days) and an Aimpoint with Surefire all mounted...... you know why the UBR and ACS exist.

Some guns are seriously noseheavy with mission critical gear. They help.