Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Options for reliable 4.5 Lb carry trigger

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by maestro pistolero, Apr 10, 2011.

1. maestro pistolero

maestro pistolero

Aug 23, 2010
    Please bear with this Glock newbie. I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but I can't get anything to come up. I'm sure it's me.

I have a used, G19/Gen 3 arriving next Thursday as a CC companion to my brand new G35/Gen 4. So far I like the trigger on the G35 (4.5 lbs IIRC).

What are considered safe methods/parts swaps to get a 4.5-ish carry trigger with a short reset on a G19/Gen 3?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    How do you know the G35/gen4 is 4.5#?

Try out the G19 first. If its used, it may be smoother than yours.

Do a little bit more thread trolling in the general glocking forum, then come back if you really can't find the answers..

3. maestro pistolero

maestro pistolero

Aug 23, 2010
    I can't be positive, but that's what Glock says it is out of the box, and it feels like 4.5# to 5.5# to me.

Will do, thanks.
  4. Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Just a suggestion, but few if any shooters have fingers sensitive and experienced enough to be able to feel the difference in weight between different types of triggers. To determine the actual weight of the trigger pull, weigh it with a proper trigger pull scale. A gunsmith would almost certainly have one of these instruments. You can drive yourself up the wall trying to pull different triggers and determine if they are the same, similar or heavier or lighter or whatever. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
  5. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Doh ?
  6. maestro pistolero

maestro pistolero

Aug 23, 2010
    Thanks. I have several carry guns that all break at 4.5#. I have long ago made my peace with liability issues pertaining to trigger pull. I am more concerned about 1. The ability to place shots accurately, than 2. What happens in court afterward.

If, God forbid I have to shoot defensively, and I can accomplish "1", then I will be able to defend "2" in court.