close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opting Out of TSA Body Scanners

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tarpleyg, Jan 4, 2013.

1. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I'd like to just remind everyone that, when flying, you have no obligation to go through one of those confounded body scanners. I've had the pleasure of being frisked twice now in the past couple of weeks. Now, I don't like being frisked but I also don't want to subject my body to who knows what from those millimeter wave scanners. I know the goverment says their safe but call me a tad bit skepticle. If just 10% of passengers opted out, it would cripple the TSA at checkpoints. They'd be forced to do something else.

2. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

No they wouldn't.

You missing your flight, because you failed to properly plan, is not thier fault.

You'll increase lines, increase delays, but it wouldn't be thier fault.

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

So comply with the government intrusion... it's for your safety. Naw, I don't fly anymore due to the TSA and the simple fact I see them as a direct violation of our 4th Amendment rights. I choose not to fly. But the OP is close to correct. If enough people opted out it would cause a back log and a back lash.

4. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

That's not what I said, I simply said it wouldn't cripple them or force them to do squat. More people would just miss flights.

And someone else missing their flight because they failed to plan isn't TSAs fault or problem.

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Yep - TSA doesn't work for th airline and if you and the people behind you miss your flights, it's no problem for them.

6. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

In this case, it really IS Bush's fault.

(sent from DFW Terminal D)

7. dango

dango

I have some rather large interests in this line of work of late.
    That being said , Question ? As a TSA employee , would I be allowed to select whom I would like to cavity search ? :tongueout::supergrin:

8. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

I am really torn on this issue.

I DO NOT like more government intrusion and think these scanners, and the TSA as a whole, is just bull**** window dressing to make the general public feel good.

BUT I don't like some dude touching my nuts/buttcrack. And when I opt out, and get the manual search, I get a lot of nut/buttcrack touching that is unwanted.

(Side note: Can't they hire hot girls for the manual patdowns? Like exotic dancers on their day off? And put them in bikinis? If I am elected president, I will make this happen day 1. This would be way hotter for both guys AND girls!)

However, I do LOVE the looks you get when you opt out! Like you are a terrorist, militia member, or both! People need to understand that NON compliance is the key to making people question government policies.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  9. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

All it would do is make a bunch of people miss flights

Edit: it would cripple the TSA just as badly as if people were to boycott buying gas this Tuesday would cripple the oil companies

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  10. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

I also do not fly anymore unless I absolutely have to for work. Just this last week I volunteered to help my father drive to Tulsa from Houston and back. It turned out being great we got a chance to talk and spend time together. I don't know why the U.S. can't get a clue and learn security from the Israelis.

11. Sharkey

Sharkey

Some guy was in the news not too long ago for stripping down to his boxers for a search. The judge ruled in his favor.

12. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

The more of a show they make, the better as far as I'm concerned. I want people to see people opting out. And for of you that say if thousands of people opted out everyday at any given airport wouldn't make a difference, you simply do not understand how much power the airlines have over our government. The airlines themselves could end the TSA if they chose to do so and a bunch of pissed off customers could be the catalyst.

13. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

What's funny is that thought was going through my head as the guy was patting me down. I'd do it if I thought it would end this nonsense any sooner.

14. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

I had a thread on this not too long ago, with uncalibrated or less than accurate measurements of radiation, I will pass on millimeter wave and back scatter. ANY radiation is bad radiation.

15. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Missing your flight causes the airlines to profit from your absence.

How do you see that causing them to try and out TSA? Your argument makes no sense.

16. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

That helps them, they overbook flights expecting people to miss planes.

17. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

THe TSA has changed my travel. I seldom fly. As others said its "security theater" Anyone serious who wants to get stuff by will do it. Holes large enough to drive a van thru. TV and movies give complicated/exacting ways. It could be so simple.

18. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

It has never been about security and that is the sick irony of the TSA and the various "laws" that have recently been passed. It's about conditioning. Conditioning people to accept more and more infringement into their private doings. It's already moving from airports to bus stations, train stations and events.

The sheep are being conditioned to accept this level of violation, all for the pretense of security.

19. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

If you would like, it is a fact that the patdown consists of touching all CLOTHED parts of your body with the front of the hand, with the exception of the groin and buttocks areas where the back of the hand is used in a sliding motion.

If you strip down to a Speedo swim suit, it should be a very quick pat-down.:supergrin:
    .:rofl:

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

This is TSA. You want a premium product? No, sorry. TSA hires bottom of the barrel folks with no better option.