Opinons on 2 Kimbers I am interested in

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by PrecisionRifleman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

My buddy got a steal on a Kimber 4", it is the lower end model (I'm not well versed in their models), his buddy was a gamble and pill addict. Sold it to him for 300 to get a quick fix on one of the two addictions. He seems to like it a lot, he said the finish was crap so he got it duracoated. He also got a kimber 22 top end for it he likes.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Berto

Berto woo woo

I wish I knew more junkies.

3. :rofl::rofl:

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I'm sure after they tune it, it will be just fine. If Kimber seems to have a few more problems than other brands, it's because they sell a hell of alot more 1911's than anyone else. Actually, more than several anyone else's combined. Law of averages.

5. I dont know if you have a local you deal with but I got a great deal on my Kimber from Kentucky Gun Co. I dealt with a little lady named Sarah and she was awesome. They had several Ultra Raptors and she took several pics of the grips on a couple that she thought were the best looking so I could make the final decision. She shipped that day and I saw my new toy 3 days later. Flawless transaction, great price and great customer service. BTW, The Eclipse was my second choice, I do love the look. Its a bit heavier but I think that finish will hold up better for EDC. I bought my Sig from her too and the transaction was as seemless as the first. I am probably gonna call her today and order the S&W M&P I've been eye ballin for a few weeks.

For what it's worth, I have 900 down the pipe on my Ultra Raptor without one issue. Love my Kimber =)

http://www.kygunco.com/products2.cfm/ID/1848 It says out of stock but I know the website is not always up to date.

If you talk to Sarah, tell her the guy that named his Kimber after her sent you! lol

#65 kimberguy, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  6. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Just an additional data point: I had a Kimber Pro Raptor II that I purchased for carry so as not to jeopardize any of my better 1911s. It could not be made reliable so I traded it away to someone that knew its problems but thought that he wanted a Kimber.

Regarding my future purchase of Kimbers: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on...

7. :wow:This has been great!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope there is more to come,i'm bored w/tv!
    Good Night!:rofl:

8. My Kimber said it needed 500 rds breakin, I had a hiccup or two in there.

After that none since, its been fed a decent bit of wwb, and HST

I bet there are owners of ferraris out there that have problems too, doesnt mean a vette wont keep you happy.

I'll be buying more Kimbers, for those pushing for $2000+ handguns, I'd love to see you carry your WC, or LesBaer, as religiously as I do my Kimber.

9. From Kimber. :supergrin:

10. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good one Paul.

11. TheJ

TheJ NRA Life Member
    Lifetime Member

I <3 my Kimber. But there are other fine choices available too.

12. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Now you're talkin.....closer to the low end of that range.

Also, there were two NIB Les Baers for sale last week and both were mid $1,500's, both steel blued. One a TRS and the other a Custom Carry

Yep, hate seeing an Heirloom Precision groped by an untrained eye/hands.

Now back to Kimber hating...I will never own one. Just too many better builds.

13. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

Strike 2.

14. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

1) Wrong
    2) Unverified
    3) Spelling Nazi

15. Those are pretty nice. Of course the Army ones are out of stock right now.

#75 craig19, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  16. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Uh oh you guys you are getting on the wrong side of Phone cop......BE afraid:rofl:

17. Oh no. :shakehead:

Guess I'm off his Christmas card list.

18. Trust me, not worried. After you you've been here a while, you will figure out what he is all about and that most people don't care what he has to say and generally ignore him. :thumbsup:

19. I agree with that, and I did research before I bought and knew this might happen. I can't believe as solid as this gun feels and as accurate as it is it can't be made to run properly. CS at Kimber was good.They told me basically not to waste any more $ on ammo and send it back. I told them I had 250 rounds through. Hoping for the best.:rollsmiley:

20. You must be an awesome "Teledetective" to dispute all that. :rofl::rofl: