Opinons on 2 Kimbers I am interested in

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by PrecisionRifleman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. I do not agree. I like my Kimbers. I would recommend the Kimber brand to anyone as long as it fit their needs.

As far as the Eclipse being notoriously prone to wear, I am not aware of that and I own three of them.
    [​IMG]
    I think that the Eclipse is one of the nicest looking models Kimber produces.

I carry a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II in a Galco leather holster.
    [​IMG]
    After six years of being in and out of the holster, you would never know it. I would be more concerned with its finish rather than the Eclipse.

[​IMG]

I will say that there are other options. There always are. I have several 1911s in my collection that are nice options. I cannot tell someone to buy a certain model, but I can say to buy what you feel comfortable buying.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 jrs93accord, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. I'm sure if this was a "1911" forum this topic would have become a hot debated in reference to brand. I appreciate everyone's advice which has been very helpful.

3. perhaps you are very lucky, you don't handle them much or they've changed the black oxide on the rounds to something more resiliant. But it used to be very sparingly applied and wear off and scratch like a mo fo....

I have 4 Kimbers now. I've had about another 6. They're not horrible and I don't hate them. Not sure I'd ever buy another new one, though...

4. Thank you for sharing pictures of your very nice collection. It's good to hear from someone with a lot of personal experience with the Kimber.

5. James definitely has that. :rofl:

6. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

In my opinion, apparently. In yours, apparently not. I respect your opinion to interpret posts as you deem. Please respect mine.

7. I certainly appreciate your feedback and you not bashing other manufacturers. I'm looking for personal experiences and not internet hear say. Thanks for sticking to the facts.

8. I own a TLE II and love it. No FTFs, FTEs, etc., just perfect performance in all the ammo I've fed it. The night sights and front strap checkering are nice extras.

9. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

The lower end Kimbers shoot as well as anything in their price range. Would they be better quality if they used the crappy two piece barrel that SA uses. :upeyes:

10. How was I not respecting your opinion? Just didn't see a lot of Kimber bashing that's all. I have no problem with Kimber.

11. 1) There aren't any Kimber haters in this thread. The only negative comment was from Samuse and he has a negative comment for everything.

2) I have two Kimbers and don't love them.

3) You spelled "information" wrong.

12. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

You ignorant Kimber racist, you are so effing disrespectful. I HATE YOU

:wavey:

13. I've been called worse by better. :rofl:

14. GeorgiaRedfish

I don't believe you know anyone better.

15. TKR Reptiles

TKR Reptiles Thread Killer

That is probably one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read...

Ignore people that are obviously misinformed or just want to run their mouths on the subject... Out of the original two you mentioned I would go with the TLE Pro...

16. TKR Reptiles

TKR Reptiles Thread Killer

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You two crack me up!

17. That's why you see so many people using Kimber small parts when they upgrade their guns.

18. Where did you get those grips? Those are very nice.

19. GeorgiaRedfish

It would crack me up too if we were joking, that mofo lives in Ohio. I know for a fact he doesn't know anyone better than me.

20. I like my Kimbers as well. I carry my Pro CDP almost daily.