close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinions pls.

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by nrmcolt, Sep 1, 2005.

1. nrmcolt

nrmcolt
    Expand Collapse
    What?

Guys/Gals

Situation: An aggressor (could be male/female) is attacking someone with the intention of great bodily harm or even death with a deadly weapon in hand, you are a ccw holder(PTC), you draw your pistol at low ready and shout command to the attacker to drop the weapon which he/she does but, after dropping said weapon the attacker begin to advance to your position showing signs of aggressive behavior towards you but is unarmed.

Question: What would you do?

Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

I would run away;
    advising his would-have-been victim to exploit the opportunity to do the same.

Now, if I was so stupid as to make contact sans bailout path/distance/time...

-Since this aggressor is approaching me DESPITE my firearm and my demand that the aggressor pacify, I'll presume hostile intent versus mesself (lots of prior evidence indicative of hostile intent, neh?).

-Since I am presumably untrained in bare-hands combat, I have only my firearm to defend mesself. Bottom line is, within 20 feet (maybe more) the aggressor gets lathered and rinsed, repeated as necessary. All the while, I will be loudly, verbally terrified that "I am afraid for my life" and further approach means I will fire. No warning shot BS.

I don't care if the aggressor is smaller than me --size is not a good indicator of lethal bare-hands skills, and besides, there might be a backup weapon concealed against me.

If the aggressor's female, well call me chauvinistic but I am not shooting a woman.
    Maybe moreso if she's hot.

;f

horge

3. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

ill shoot the weapon :)

4. New_comer

New_comer
    Expand Collapse

Nothing.

As I'd surely be at a second floor window, or on the other side of a cyclone fence, so he can't reach me. ;f

5. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

in the experience of some of the cops where i shoot. if a shot breaks out and its directed near you, the perp usually bolts.

so ill shoot the weapon first knife or gun that was dropped then if he still comes for me ill shoot at a leg or 2 maybe .3 transitions between shots. then if he still crawls for me. take out 2 shoulders(difficult shot since its a small target .5 transitions)

then if he still comes for me empty the mag on the head. .4 splits. RESIDENT EVIL!!!!;f

6. Alexii

Alexii
    Expand Collapse
    Janeway Forever

Since the aggressor initially complied with my demand to drop the weapon, there's no reason for him not to comply with a follow up demand to hit the ground prone with the hands visible.

If he didn't comply, there's no way I'd allow the situation to escalate into a gun retention struggle. It is still a deadly force situation in my book and it would be dealt with a lethal response; with his and my weapon still within reasonable reach.

7. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

No offense meant
    Pero if you dont know the answer to that , you shouldnt have put yourself in that position in the first place. Dapat wag na maki alam

To answer the question , the perp doesnt think you have the guts to pull the trigger kaya siya lumalapit
    Your demeanor , body language, and even your voice indicates that your just as scared of the situation.

Dapat gamitan mo ng shock and awe w/out firing a shot
    In tagalog , unahan lang ng sindak yan
    Watch a swat team take down a room
    Mapapa-ihi sa takot yung mga nasa loob ng kwarto hindi pa naman nagpapaputok

8. bokbok_05

bokbok_05
    Expand Collapse

+1

swat teams or elite forces uses a flash bang grenade para magulat ang target/s tsaka sila agad papasok to neutralize the situation.

the effective way of immobilize the "threat" without the intention of killing is to shoot at the pelvic area. once tinamaan ang pelvic bone, bagsak agad and for sure di na makakatayo.

9. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

hehe ah hindi naman flashbang
    I meant , your overall attitude should be used to intimidate
    Pag hindi naintimidate, ayun nga ang problema , hence the original question
    Anyway, my point is yuo shoudnt even have to fire at all if you do things right
    I'm not sure a pelvic shot wont kill
    I've seen a guy ( preso )shot in the butt with a 38 and he died enroute to the hosp

10. bokbok_05

bokbok_05
    Expand Collapse

baka talaga pinatay na yung preso sa ambulance pa lang hehehe ;f peace. i have read and i have also watched sa discovery channel about lapd swat teams. one of their training, in order to immobilize the threat, doctors (consulted by the police) recommended to shoot at the pelvic area/bone. pelvic bone daw kasi ang nagbibigay ng support sa upper body natin kaya pag nagkaroon ka ng injury around sa pelvic area di ka kaagad makakatayo.

11. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

what if its a zombie!;f

maybe piniga ang pwet ng preso para mag bleed to death. at 8 hours bago makadating sa hospital;f ;f ;f

12. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

If aggressor is male, takbo na lang.

If aggressor is female and presumably looks like kristine hermosa, i will lie down on the pavement and let her harass me no end. Hope she brought along a whip and handcuffs whipped cream and a digi cam.

Kung di kamuka ni kristine, barilin na lang agad.

13. PMMA97

PMMA97
    Expand Collapse
    MNSAmessdetail

;f Tawagin na kaagad si Jill. [​IMG]

14. PMMA97

PMMA97
    Expand Collapse
    MNSAmessdetail

;z Ang sama!

15. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

`l tama! baka magkaanak pa, dumami pang pangit sa mundo ;f

To the original question, dropping his/her weapon then proceeding to attack you seems like very strange behaviour. In any case I would shoot until he/she drops, sufficient warning has been given IMO. In addition, if there are no adverse witnesses, I would pick up his/her weapon without leaving any prints and place it in his/her cold dead hands to strengthen my case, but that's just me. :)

16. cebuboy

cebuboy
    Expand Collapse
    toy soldier

for an unarmed aggressive attacker, a can of bronco tear gas will come in handy:) guaranteed to make an aggressive grown man cry;f shoot only as a last resort. shoot at the a zone. and remember that when we shoot, we shoot to stop.

17. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

+1
    and "No offense" meant too.

Probably pump to death?

vega

18. MELBU

MELBU
    Expand Collapse
    Ann2Tero

Once you draw your gun...shoot!!!

Disable or kill.

Im sure the victim who just experienced that traumatic event will
    be on your side in case of a court investigation. Besides, you just
    save his or her life.

Basta may weapon kesyo hawak o nahulog nasa magandang position ka na nun.

Wag ka papayag na malamangan ka, maiigi na yung ikaw ang lamang.

19. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

shoot!!!

mahirap na maagaw nya pa baril mo:)

20. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

Unarmed? Then I can't shoot since it doesn't satisfy the 3 cardinal rules for self defense (do a search in this forum about this;) ). So either:

1. I hold my ground for hand to hand combat
    2. Or just back off (awkward but better than jail)

Honestly, kakamayan ko na lang paglapit niya sa akin,
    ;f