close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Opinions Please - Ruger 77 22

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Wahoo, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Millennium Member

Sep 13, 1999
    Mount Vernon, VA
    What is the consensus on the Ruger 77 22 bolt action rifle?
    I am getting back into rimfire shooting and, for long guns, have both a 10 22 and an old Remington bolt action, however, I have the opportunity to pick up a fairly pristine 77 22 at what I think is a good price. I am impressed with the "big rifle" looks and quality feel, but am interested in the experience of others.

2. D. Manley

D. Manley

May 30, 2005
    Southern US
    Might be worthwhile to drop into the Rimfire Central forums and have a look. They have a sub-forum dedicated to various rimfires including, the 77/22. More information than you want to know there.

3. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I have a 77/22 & a 77/22mag, both are quality guns.

4. Faulkner

Faulkner Patriot Millennium Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Arkansas Ozarks
    +1 :laughabove:

5. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx
    I have a stainless all weather one and I love it.... well made and has all the features of the M77. The bolt comes out with ease for cleaning from the breach

6. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

Jan 11, 2002
    Griffin, GA
    I've got an EARLY 77/22, Wood Stock & Blue, that I like--a LOT--only thing that was disappointing--to me, anyway--is that the TRIGGER PULL was kinda' HEAVY out of the box...a trip to the 'Smith took care of that, and it's "All Good"!

I like it so much that I'm thinking of buying a Stainless Synthetic 77/22 from a Co-worker...in about 95% shape and with a cheapie, "No Name" Scope, what would be a FAIR price? Thanks....mikey357

7. JTB1967

JTB1967

Aug 4, 2006
    WV
    I've owned a couple and shot several more. They feel like an adult rifle and not a toy, but never really impressed me accuracy wise.

8. tjpet

tjpet

May 14, 2001
    Utah-Idaho border

I've shot 5-6 77/22s and wasn't impressed with the accuracy either, especially at longer ranges. Supposedly the two piece bolt design doesn't help.

Although I'm all for buying American if you want a superbly accurate .22 bolt gun platform go with a CZ. You won't be disappointed.