close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Opinions on new Troy battle mags?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ghostman1960, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ghostman1960

ghostman1960 Static Nomad

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    I just ordered a couple yesterday and am eager to test them out. Has anyone here tried them yet?

2. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    I've not seen any in person yet, but I have faith anything troy puts their name on will be quality.

3. mgentry

mgentry

Nov 21, 2010
    Mississippi
    Metal or plastic? I haven't heard anything about them.

4. ghostman1960

ghostman1960 Static Nomad

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    They are polymer like pmags.

5. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    Just asking info, why all the pmags and others that people are buying so many of? We have been using the Colts, Adventureline and others for yrs without any problems, mine dont even have any finish left on them and work 100%, just seeking info is all.

6. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    for duty use, P-mags are more reliable.

If all you do is shoot on a range, they're just more expensive, and look cool.

7. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    +1

My unit dropped the metal mags altogether during my deployment to Afghanistan; we now have P-Mags. Seems the trend has caught on as well; when 10th Mountain relieved us in May, they all had P-Mags as well.

8. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    I was just using what I grew up with and used for yrs, we had never seen other mags, I know things change, just what I had experience with, I have never been to Iraq or Afganistan just SE Asia for 30 months and shot all my life since then. Sure lots of vets here, glad to see them. Welcome home to all of you.

9. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    I have one. Only gave it a short work out but functioned fine. It comes with a flat base plate to replace the knobbed one. Generally it doesn't feel as sturdy as a pmag and to me the grip isn't as secure. I won't be replacing my pmags with them.

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Getting a 3 pack for $36 this weekend from Botach. They are a 15 minutes drive away.

11. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Got one last week, Functions fine. Just doesn't "feel" on the same level as a PMag. Has more of a plastic feel to it than polymer.

[​IMG]