close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Opinions! On m&p

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by 9mmmountaineer, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Just got my Troy front sight, on my m&p gas block. I think something doesn't look right with it...

Input please

9mm Mountaineer

2. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Oct 14, 2002
    Lake Charles
    What model sight on what model M&P?

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Yep, need to know. Pictures are even better.

I'm assuming M&P OR. If you got the "gas block" Troy sight, it's the wrong one. Those are intended for gas blocks shorter than the receiver rail, whereas the M&P OR uses a same-height block.

If you got a standard rail mounted Troy, though, you should be fine.

4. Yeah sorry ment to put the pic up and just posted... But I seem to not be alble to post one. I'll have one on here tonight. I'm on apple products and I'll have to get on a laptop to post.

Hopefully by the time I post I'll have my YHM phantom flash hider on too

9mm Mountaineer

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Upload the photo to somewhere like ImageShack and post it that way. Trying to upload directly to GT is nearly pointless.

6. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    tinypic.com is the perfect storage vessel for one time use message board photos. Easy to use, no login needed, and they even give it to you with the img tags attached.

7. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The M&P15 OR uses a same-plane gas block, and needs a standard Troy front sight. If that is the same rifle the OP has, he doesn't need the gas block Troy sight.

9. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Try this one...

[​IMG]

It almost looks like there's something stuck between the sight and block, or something isn't machined right. Can you get another photo taken directly from side-on?

10. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    In the meantime, try removing the front sight, check for any obvious bumps or obstructions, and reinstall the sight. When you do, make sure it's sitting flat on the rail before tightening it down.

11. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Looks better from the side on shots, but might be a bit tall. Where did you get the sight from? Got some kind of part number?

12. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    You sure that's the right item number? It takes me to a discontinued set of night vision binoculars.

13. 9-75266 is the correct one. They have it printed wrong on receipt but I reviewed previous orders

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire