Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Opinions on CZ75B...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ArmoryDoc, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    I am seriously considering a CZ75B in stainless. I'm curious to know the thoughts from owners about the reliability, durability, fit and finish of this reportedly fine gun. I've read lot's of reports and reviews but I'd like some real-world experiences. Thanks ahead of time. :)
  2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    Awesome pistols, very very accurate and reliable.

Use quality mags and change the recoil spring often. Those are the only two issues I have ever seen with the CZ75.

There are alot of crappy mags out there. Stick to good ones and change the recoil spring every year or two and you will be well served by one.

3. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    Some love em. I enjoy shooting mine. It's a pretty nice service pistol (black paint finish, not the stainless). Heavy-ish. Nada recoil as a result. Get it and shoot the heck out of it to smooth the trigger action. Use snap caps when dry firing (or so I read).

Might want to eliminate the magazine brake if you want your magazines to drop freely. Some claim they are undersprung, so that might be something to replace... might not.

If it fits your hand and points naturally, you'll probably enjoy shooting it. Mine is plenty accurate out to 50 yds making evil soda cans dance for a bit then die.

They sure do look good in the matt stainless IMO.

Can buy there and have them tweak it to your satisfaction.

I suppose there are nay sayers, but you do not hear too much from them. Rather the opposite.
  4. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    My "welcome home gift to me" when I got back from Bosnia was a CZ-75B in .40 S&W.

-I love the gun
    -shoots like a Cadillac, smoooth

-doesn't point the same as my Glocks so I don't shoot it much. Points more like a Beretta 92
    -I don't like the DA then SA. Reach is a little much and I have to shift my grip for DA trigger pull. If I had it over to do again I'd get the SA only version.
    -.40 cal version does not fit holsters for standard 9mm versions, slide is cut different

Hope this helps.
  5. Liebestraum

Jun 6, 2012
    I just bought the 75 P-01, an alloy compact, and so far I love everything about it. I will be shooting it for the first time this weekend and I anticipate it will become my favorite gun.
  6. I have one in the duo-tone finish, 9mm that I will never sell. I guess my question to you would be what are you mainly going to use it for? For a range gun, home defense and general overall plinking, you can't beat it. For a CCW, not so much. It's heavy and it's big. Do some guys carry them? Yes, I'm just not one of them. My CZ-75D PCR is much more suited to carry and even its a bit much for me but then again I'm very spoiled by carrying a G27...

They are incredibly accurate guns, very well built and IMHO look like a pistol should.
  7. esh325

Sep 28, 2011
    My experience with my two CZ75B's is that they are very accurate and reliable pistols that fit the hand very well.

You don't have to shoot or carry it in double action mode, it can be carried cocked and locked.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    It's simply one of the best 9mms ever built.
  9. SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    I have the CZ 75 P-01 and it is a great gun! It will not be my last CZ :)

The fit is tight, no slop.
    The finish is very nice.
    Reliability, shoots what I feed it!
    Durability, That is why I bought one.
  10. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I have 3 CZs and two more on the way. IMO one of the greatest 9mms ever. The DA trigger smoothes up nicely over time or you can send it to Angus Hobdel at CZ custom and it will come back as the smoothes DA auto trigger you've ever felt.
  11. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    I bought a CZ 75 B about a year ago. I shoot it better than any other pistol I own. There very reliable and accurate providing you do your part. IMO worth every penny.
  12. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    DA trigger is too long.

I prefer a 92 from experience, but I wouldn't turn down a 75BD.
  13. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Love my 75bd. Not a fan of cocked and locked at all, but I sure do love me a nice service DA/SA, and that it is, that it is. Not bad on the eyes either.
  14. Bought a stainless 75B a couple of weeks ago. Beautifully made, nice matte finish on the stainless, gritty trigger. Much dry firing has started to smooth the trigger. Have about a 150 rounds through it now and love the way it shoots. Grip is the best and points very naturally for me. Has heft to it so recoil is nothing. The first rounds I shot were as tight a group as the Beretta's I've been shooting. I shot a mix of factory and hand loads with different bullet weights without a hiccup. I have a lighter main spring coming for the heavy DA pull. If I can get the trigger as smooth as my Beretta triggers (which I know can be done) this will be a keeper and probably not my last CZ.
  15. dsa1115

Sep 22, 2010
    Suburban Chicago
    The CZ-75B is top drawer.
  16. J-DUBYA

Apr 13, 2007
    Springfield, NE
    Love my 75 B! I read a lot of reviews and posts on Glocktalk and other forums before I bought mine stating that the trigger pull was very long, heavy and gritty, but eventually smooths out. I must have lucked out with mine because while the DA trigger is certainly long, it is the smoothest DA I have fired. It is smooth and consistent the entire way through and not at all stage-y and gritty like my M9 is. The SA reset on mine is pretty long, but it really hasn't bothered me nor has it had any effect on my shooting. This pistol has made my Beretta obsolete and I plan on buying a PCR in the near future to become my ccw gun. Four of my friends have fired this gun and all four of them want to add one to their collection now.
  17. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    love mine taking my ccw course with it sunday
  18. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    funny. i consider the DA on my 75 compact to be one of the shorter DA pulls on my Da/sa autos. Much shorter than the Sigpro, which is as smooth and lighter, but much longer.
  19. Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    He asked for opinions, not facts.
  20. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Jun 10, 2006
    As far as mags go you can get O/E CZ mags from CDNN or Topgun for cheep. As far as the gun gos the best! IMO. I like the BD better (decocker) myself but you can't get it in stainless as far as I know.Just one waning on CZ'S you can't stop at just one. I now have six(6) of them. They are in order that I got them in,CZ75BD,75compact,97B(45acp),CZ40(1911type),P-01,SP-01. IMO you can't go wrong with a CZ. Get it you will love it.
    P.S. One thing I would do is get rid of the plastic guide rod & go with a steel one. That the 1st thing I did to all of mine. You can call up CZ-USA for it or get some where eills. I just hate plastic G/R's.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012