close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Opinions needed on this idea

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by TexasPOff, Jul 27, 2011.

1. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    Well some of you may have seen me over on the Glock side of the board. I too am a 1911 owner as well and about every 5 or 6 years I get the dreaded 1911 itch again. I have been wanting a new LW 1911. I have looked at a ton of 'em lately, but one caught my eye. The Dan Wesson Guardian Bobtail in 45. I am really impressed with what I have seen and read, but thought I would ask around over here for thoughts on it. I looked at the new Valor Bob as well, but I want this one to be a LW. I have several Steel frames for shooting, I want this one for the weight. The CCO is nice, but I much prefer the full grip. Anyway thanks in advance and if anyone has one of these little beauties feel free to post it up. TXPO

2. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

Dec 16, 2003
    Damned if I know
    Hi Lane,

I have a friend who has one of these and we have put quite a few rounds down it without any issues.

If I were still a 1911 guy I would buy one.

Paulie

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  4. Fedor

Fedor

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas
    I dont know about the Guardian, but my Son has a V-Bob that is an awesome pistol.

5. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Hi, Lane (thanks again for the awesome work on my G23...my constant companion when working).

Can't go wrong with the Guardian. The one sample I've had in my hands was a great shooter. Very easy handling.

You may also want to take a look at the Ed Brown LW KobraKarry and the various LW offerings from Wilson.

My current LW 1911 is the Smith PD. Been very reliable over the 2 years I've had it and feels better in my hand than most 1911s.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  6. joemannnnn

joemannnnn

Jul 28, 2007
    NC
    Hey Lane,
    I just was pondering the same thing. Ultimately this was going to be a carry weapon so I went with the CCO. Just got it yesterday, so haven't shot it, but it is built extremely well. No doubts the Guardian will impress as well
    Joe

7. I'm with you on the full grip with a commander-size slide, they just balance better for me.

8. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I've shot Quack's Guardian. It's a GREAT shooter. Excellent choice. :thumbsup:

9. i love officers grip frames. perfect for my hand. if i could just get into the bobs, which ain't gonna happen. but if i did, if would be a DW.