close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinions and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Punisher_nbi45, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

Here's a pic of my Para. The magwell has been lengthened and welded on to the frame. I felt it was more important to have control over the pistol in shooting situations than it is to conceal it (my hands are big and the pistol is a P-12).

I want to get everybody's opinion - good and bad - on the way it looks, etc.

The work was done by Arnold at A.P. Pascual on Mariveles St., Quezon City. Btw, they are great people with good customer service.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

[​IMG][/IMG]

So, what do you guys think?

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. JeremyS

JeremyS
    Expand Collapse
    L P

That looks good to me. I would like that if I had the same gun.

4. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal
    Expand Collapse

Am not too fond of the way it looks with the modification, but hey, if it works...
    Nice gun, the P12 I think is the nicest among the 45 cal Para series, especially in stainless.

5. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

thats one huuuuuugggeee magwell. real nice pistola dude

6. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer
    Expand Collapse

Nice mods punisher! So what mags do you put use now? The P14's with +2 basepads? Those would look good with your gun.

7. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

Thanks for the responses, guys! They helped out a lot. I'm still planning on modifying my slide, which is why I'm looking for a P-13 slide and barrel assembly. As for concealment, like I said, I'm a big guy, and I find that I can hide a gun this big fairly well with a good shoulder holster, and frankly, hiding it is not an issue for me. Even if I walk around without a gun, people still think I'm carrying because I look like a cop (laki kasi tiyan ko!)
    ;z

SMBeerDealer:

I use full-size P-14 mags. As for the base pads, I found plastic ones being made and sold by Hahn at P250 each. I tried them and, lo and behold, they allow me to load up to 16 rounds of .45 ACP in my Mec-Gar/Para mags (originally holding only 13). I wouldn't load them up to full capacity, though, maybe just up to 14 or 15, depending on the round.

When I finally get this done, it will probably be my all-in-one gun. I also have a Colt Gold Cup National Match, but somehow, I keep going back to the Para.

BTW, I don't think it's advisable to put a Para P-14 slide on a P-13 or P-12 frame. The shorter dust cover doesn't cover the recoil spring cover on the slide all the way.

8. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

I think your gunsmith did a great job fitting that magwell and mainspring housing. It really looks very nice in a weird kind of way since i'm not used to seeing a gun that has a longer grip than the slide. :)

9. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

agree.it reminded me of tanfoglio's latest production pistol

10. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

LOL! Yeah, I know what you mean! In the near future, it's going to be replaced (hopefully) by a P-13 slide if I ever find one. Like I said, this is going to be my all-in-one gun, which is why I'm really looking for a good deal on a P-13 or an Series 80 Commander-length slide (Hint! Hint! To all those interested in a swap, please PM me). ;z

Speaking of funny, you should see me shoot it one time. Think of a somebody the size of a Mafioso goon (Big and Ugly) shooting a 2-inch .38 special. HAHAHAHAHA!
    ;z
    ;i ;n `s `l

11. kent

kent
    Expand Collapse

really good and clean works by the gunsmith, but the look though awesome is not for me, i like those skimpy mag well that's not welded on. just my personal pref.

12. kent

kent
    Expand Collapse

really good and clean works by the gunsmith, but the look though awesome is not for me, i like those skimpy mag well that's not welded on. just my personal pref.

13. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

whoa! shoulder holster? stainless mini 45?
    Dapat may espadrilles at ferrari para Sonny crocket ang dating!
    That p-12 sorta reminds me of the detonics sa miami vice
    I like it :) pero I suggest leave it as it is ( yung slide ), kasi mawawala ang pagka unique nya
    anyways, p-12's are good shooters as is

14. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Tama, ayos na 'yan, wag mo na palitan ng slide.

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

The gun reminds me of those Bianchi(?) type guns na mey pang prone platform. :)

Neway, okay yung pagkagawa, malinis. Medyo bulky tingnan sa labas but, hey, it serves the purpose.

As for a longer slide na kita yung recoil spring, try having the smith fashion a thicker reverse plug to hide it (pic below). But make sure the gun still runs after.

[​IMG]

16. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

LOL!!! Actually, noong bata pako, talagang gusto ko nang gayahin si Sonny Crockett!!! Lalo na noong mid-80's, palagi ko labas na wala socks at naka-espadrilles.

;z

Problema, wala pambili ferrari, hanggang sarao lang! Kaya sa baril ko na lang binabawi, HEHEHEHEHE!
    ;z :soap: ;z

Sa atin-atin lang: I think that where I work, we all, at one time or another, wanted to be either James Bond or Sonny Crockett! I personally like Al Pacino's character in "Heat", astig talaga sya ron!!!

BTW, mc_oliver, is that your personal gun? What other type of work did you do to it? Parang ganyan din saken if you take a closer look.

17. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

naku! oliver's gun underwent an evolution or should i say ...revolution?;z

18. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Hehehe, no, it isn't my gun. I pulled the image off the net somewhere and placed it in my New Project folder among other pics. I'm hoping one day makabuo uli ng singlestack. ;)

[​IMG]

19. ilocano

ilocano
    Expand Collapse
    Down Under.

Punisher_nbi45: Cool gun!:cool: Nonetheless, with your size(both vertical and horizontal- peace tayo;f ) parang mas bagay mo mas malaking baril.. yun bang Dessert Eagle, or Magnum 357!

20. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

To all who replied,

THANKS!!!

BTW, here's one idea I also got from reading mc_oliver's post - instead of getting a new barrel and slide which I have to fit, I may just get a P-13/Commander barrel with ramp, put it in my P-12 slide, and have either a compensated or non-compensated barrel attachment put in. That way, I still keep my original parts but have the length I desire. One advantage I can see in going with this set-up is that my front sight is now fixed and not travelling with the slide in recoil. Might help me in tracking the pistol quicker for follow-up shots because of the weight up front. I prefer the non-compensated barrel attachment (you never know when you might have to fire the gun while in a gun-retention position, i.e., close to your body).

Again, any thoughts/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ilocano:

No problem, bro! Kaw naman, parang kang iba? HAHAHAHA! Post ka naman pics ng mga pistols mo para kita namin.