close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Opinion: Why don’t we profile white nationalists?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TBO, Aug 7, 2012.

1. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Hasn't that been going for at least the last 3 years.

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Yes it has.

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    An attack on white nationalism, or patriotism as it's more commonly called, is an attack on America.

There's nothing wrong with a little nationalistic pride in your country.

If some of these minorities loved this country and were loyal to this country, then maybe they'd understand what that means.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  5. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Getting my popcorn popper ready, pouring my soda, and waiting for you to flip out, this thread get locked, or nobody come near it with a 10' pole!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    "We" will do whatever will gain the most votes.

7. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    it started under bush sr. it's nothing more than code for white genocide.

8. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

The truth is going to always rattle somebody's cage.

9. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    What truth do you speak of?

10. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Jun 28, 2012
    NH
    Really? Im a Patriot..........im a State Militia Member...........i am not a racist. I am not a WHITE supremacist. I am not a white nationalist. I served my country overseas. I fought 10x more than any KKK member ever has for this country.........

sooooo here comes the pain.

what in all holy god forsaken hell makes you believe that a damn white supremacist is a "patriot" or an "American"......they are not. America is about EQUALITY and FREEDOM! I nor anyone else who has served fought for racists, we fought for freedom, we fought for our country! and if we had it our way, we would have a biggot free country and kick all you morons out free and clear. because your not needed and neither is your hatred. I fought in Afghanistan with "blacks"......how does that make you feel to know that your ability to sit at your computer and type this garbage was won by a "coon" as you call them?? Makes me FEEL GREAT!...ass

11. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

Maybe you should read that article, look up the definition of nationalism and then re-read my post.

That article is racist as hell toward white people.
    Just exchange the term white nationalist for black or hispanic and you'll see what I mean.

Most white people that are nationalists are just people that love their country.

It's not my fault that some people associate nationalism with skinheads, KKK and other hate groups.

I never said or implied anything about white supremacist, coons or any of that other garbage you threw all over me.

I was referring to minorities that openly express allegiance to some other country, and condemn and berate this fine country of ours.

Just as it's their right to express love for another country, I have an equal right to express my love for this country.

That's nationalism and the fact that I happen to be white does not mean I'm a racist, bigot or a hater as you and that article implies.

Maybe if we had a little more nationalism in this country, we'd all be better off.

I have a big problem with the term "white nationalist" being automatically connected to white supremacist and other hate groups.

Your rant is unjustified.
    There's nothing wrong with being proud of this country.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  12. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Do yourself a favor and re-read the final paragraph of that op-ed/commentary (I wouldn't call it an article).

Do you know what a paragraph is, what about an op-ed or commentary?

Do you know what 'tongue-in-cheek' means? Do you know how to identify it when you see it?

How about sarcasm? It's different than tongue-in-cheek, but similarly confusing to the simpleminded.

The author is just sick of being harrased/profiled because of his skin color in the state of Arizona.

He's an American, hell, he could probably trace his ancestry in Arizona longer than you can in North America.

As an American, he's seeing his family and friends and other people who look like him be harassed and profiled as illegal immigrants.

So he used his wit to turn the tables and draw a stark contrast to his personal situation to stimulate a discussion.

Do you know what 'wit' is?

13. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

Don't let that last paragraph fool you.

His first sentence reads, "Perhaps we need an internment camp for white folks", and then he starts backtracking all the way down to his final "out" in case someone accuses him of racism.

Janet Napolitano and others like the author of that article have already started the ball rolling.

It started with profiling the bad white people like the KKK and other hate groups, now it has already spread to include veterans, gun owners, Christians and conservatives as potential terrorists.

Remember that report the Department of Homeland Security put out that called returning veterans potential terrorists?

Their propaganda has already started to work.
    For example:

I stated I'm a nationalist and you and a couple others automatically identified me with white supremacy and other hate groups, when all I meant was I love and identify with my country's values and traditions.

Make no mistake that article is not wit, sarcasm or a parody,
    it's a thinly disguised racial suggestion to profile white people.

14. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You associate patriotism with 'white nationalism' which is nearly identical as 'white pride', which is 100% associated with hate groups.

Uh, yeah, 'white nationalism'. Sure.

Yes it does... See above examples.

Stop using 'white' when you refer to nationalism or patriotism: by strictly referencing white, you are referencing specific race. If you want, you could say 'European' nationalism, because Latinos are a group based on being from LATIN AMERICA, not just for skin color. You're from Europe or Russia based on your heritage, but nobody mistakes you for being a communist for being white.

You're seriously, severely misguided.

Lastly: the author is pi***d off, and rightly so, but they also specify that they are talking about a minority of white people. those who have a chip on their shoulder and self-identify as white without being asked. Those that make sure you know they're white even though their skin color is apparent.

He also specifically takes the time to say that most whites are good people, and I would hope you agree that most blacks, Latinos, Asians, middle-easterners, etc are nice law abiding people too.

15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Just so I have this right,

"You associate patriotism with 'white nationalism' which is nearly identical as 'white pride', which is 100% associated with hate groups."

Is it the word "pride" that makes it a hate group, like the black pride movement of the late 60's and 70's, or the gay pride movement today?

Or is it the word "white" that identifies it as a hate group, since they aren't entitled to have pride?

16. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    But "some of my best friends are white" surely I cannot be racist :rofl:

17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Mighty white of you to say so. Just don't let one of them date your sister:supergrin:

18. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    When a group, such as racist skin heads, predominantly use the words 'white pride', it because de facto associated with them.

Gay used to mean joyous and happy - think Flintstones 'we'll have a gay old time'. It was taken and used to describe homosexuals, and now the word gay is de facto homosexual.

So when I hear 'white pride' or 'white nationalism', it's de facto associated with bigots and racists.

If you are not a bigot or racist, then you need to educate yourself on the culture you live in and stop using phrases that automatically self-associate with those groups.

If you're not a racist and you use such terms, then you are just an idiot and clueless to what those words mean to everybody else.

And yes, as an American 'black pride' is insulting to me, it's separationist, it's isolationist, it says "Eff You" if you don't look like me. However, the NAACP and other peaceful movements and organizations do not use that offensive phrase. You shouldn't use 'white pride' for the same reason.