close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinion of TulAmmo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wlkjr, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlkjr

wlkjr

What's your opinion of Tulammo? I have some 9mm, .40, and .223 ammo. I shot a good bit of this ammo and have not had any problems with it and it's fairly reasonable compared to the Blazer and Lawman I've bought. All my Glocks shoot it pretty well. I have a KT PF9 that absolutely will not shoot flat nose ammo but shoots round nose or Critical Defense ok.
    Just wondering what brand is used mostly for target practice?

2. kamonjj

kamonjj

If you ever plan on reloading its not where you wanna be. I have shot it before in various calibers and never had any issues.

3. SNH Glocks

SNH Glocks

I found it to be very dirty. Leaves behind lots of powder residue and smells bad, sort of like cat pee.

4. Thomasc18

Thomasc18 NRA Life Member

Many people won't touch it and others swear by it. It's just personal preference. I have never used it myself but, i'm sure it handles just fine. I'd rather run brass through all my firearms.

5. michael e

michael e

Used it a couple of times , never had an issue. I stick to my reloads 99% of time , it is not much of a diffrence in price to not have reloadable cases for me.

6. 8th ID

8th ID

TulAmmo has been flawless in my Glocks. It seems to be a bit dirty, but I clean my guns after every range trip anyway. Not sure at the number of rounds I have shot of it, but it has been flawless. I shoot mainly brass as I'm saving up cases to reload whenever I have time to get that project started:wow:

7. MikeG36

MikeG36

My AR (Bushmaster) use to eat it just fine. I've heard of problems but I guess I was lucky.

8. bug

bug

The 9mm/45ACP I have used has been fine but I have had trouble with the .223 in my AR it does not like it. May be a bad batch as it has been all from the same lot.

This AR will eat anything else including wolf, brown bear, silver bear and everything else I have used in it. so thats just my experience.

But it is great for malfunction drills.

9. Gperfection

Gperfection

If you don't mind putting steel bullets (yes the projectile) through your barrel, and want to run the risk of sparking a brush fire, then go for it. There have been more than a few vegetation fires started be people shooting this Russian stuff. Save it for a rainy day, no pun intended. There are doubters out there. Do a web search of "target shooting fire" and you will see. Here's one, http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/15/target-shooting-caused-10-fires-in-county-this/. I won't shoot it, if a magnet sticks to the projectile. I just went to the gun show and there was an outfit there, selling 9mm reloads for $160 per thousand and you get the ammo can. $8 a box for factory reloaded ammo, with good bullets is pretty hard to beat. I can hardly beat that, reloading my own. If I have to pay a little more for ammo that keeps an American employed and keeps an American company in business, I'm going to do just that. All, while shooting an Austrian pistol! That's right! :)

10. blasterak

blasterak

Same here, cycled good and it was even more accurate than XM193 ammo in my Bushmaster. Never tried it in my Glock's though.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  11. Alizard

Alizard

Steel case ammo is always risky: the "commie" guns designed to shoot it have looser chambers. Brass cases expand and retract more, steel cases don't so they can "stick" in the chamber and jam the gun or snap the tip off the extractor.

The other problem is if they are still using that nasty lacquer on the cases: when the chamber gets hot, that stuff starts to build up in the throat and can jam the gun.

One AR-15 maker posted a warning that using steel case ammo with lacquer coat voids the warranty. They got tired of fixing guns ruined by it.

I didn't know the bullets were steel as well..... that sure ain't going in any gun of mine.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  12. Alizard

Alizard

Here's the warning (notice they call out Wolf ammo by name):

13. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

My Glock eats It up and spits it out like candy.

14. ijacek

ijacek

I just did the Patrol Rifle Instructor class with approximately 1000 rounds of .223 fired through my Colt LE6920 and I had no ammo related malfunctions. Had two malfunctions related to the same magazine. So far, you just can't beat the price!

15. sr975j

sr975j

both my glocks and AR run the ammo just fine. Yes, it is dirty but big deal....spend a extra 5 minutes per gun and you'll never know the difference....your wallet might notice the difference though

Sam

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

I wish that many indoor ranges weren't such pansies, and would run a damned magnet over their brass haul, make their customers happy by allowing them to shoot whatever, and call it a day. Steel case ain't someone's dangerous reloads.

17. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:agree:

:50cal:

18. 8th ID

8th ID

What amazes me is that Hornady now offers steel "Match Ammo." I guess their steel is softer than the steel that Wolf and Tula uses:rofl:.

Maybe Hornady 'ran the numbers' and decided that there was some serious profit to be made by following the Russians:dunno:

19. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Other than my own reloads, there is nothing currently that I trust more than the Russian steel ammo, I think they got it right.

My preference is the Russian Brown Bear fodder, my Glocks really like that stuff! Tula is expensiver.

20. Gperfection

Gperfection

IT'S NOT THE CASE! IT'S THE BULLET! If you owned an indoor range and spent millions of dollars up front for your high tech bullet trap/backstop, would you let people shoot steel at your steel backstop? I think not. Hell, some indoor ranges, or outdoor for that matter, require the use of frangible type ammo only. The steel case isn't the problem, it's the bullet. Oh by the way, not all reloads are dangerous. The ones I mentioned earlier (by Miwall) are of very good quality. I've never bought them, because I reload myself, but have had plenty of it shot on my range and I can attest to it's quality. Much better performance than the Russian stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.