close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinion: Love Affair With Guns = Insanity

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HalfHazzard, Apr 7, 2012.

1. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. bikerdog

bikerdog

Feb 11, 2009
    The dude compared gun owners to witch hunts. I think he is the delusional one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Oregon..

The "Dude" that you mentioned was named Cynthia Tucker.
    I read crap like this everyday and just shake my head. :yawn:

4. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    1. Who cares what Cynthia Tucker thinks, she's obviously an uber-liberal retard.

2. There are some people on this very web-site that seem to be a bit over-obsessed with guns........but then, when I first got into shooting, I was too. I'd say there is a maturing process that happens with gun owners.

3. There are nut-jobs out there, and we all need to be on the look-out for them. Everytime one of them uses a firearm to commit an awful crime, we all look bad.

5. random southpaw

random southpaw

Nov 7, 2011
    Articles such as the linked one provided by the OP, serve the anti-gun community well.

These types of articles are akin to Miracle Grow for hoplophobes.

I must admit to borrowing and modifying the "Miracle Grow" reference. I heard a former lottery winner refer to lottery winnings as Miracle Grow for character flaws.

6. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    :agree:

7. readingbill

readingbill

Aug 2, 2011
    "Lip service to gun owners is just part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters ... We see the president's strategy crystal clear: Get re-elected and, with no more elections to worry about, get busy dismantling and destroying our firearms' freedom, erase the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights and excise it from the U.S. Constitution."

The LaPierre quote is a bit over the top.

8. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

Apr 15, 2006
    NW In
    I carry a gun every moment of everyday because of the animal behaving fine citizens of New Orleans during Katina.....................absolute wild dogs................shoot first:steamed:

9. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    every time someone wrecks their car it dosen't make all drivers look bad. every time someone cooks a bad meal it dosen't make all cooks look bad. on the flip side of that coin, just because one guy wins the masters golf tournament that dosen't mean all golfers are champions.

what one person chooses to do with an inanimate object has no reflection on anyone else that uses the same type of object. it's about that person and that person alone.

10. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Cynthia Tucker's lucky she has Cynthia MacKinney around to make her look intelligent.

11. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    Cynthia Tucker is by definition insane, if one accepts the definition that "insane" means performing the same actions repeatedly and expecting a different result.

America has over 20,000 federal and state gun laws on the books and the national violent crime rate has only fallen with the increase of states' allowing CCW privileges to its citizens. It seems to me that Ms. Tucker prescribes her insanity for the rest of America.

The Radical Left always takes the anomaly as "proof" for their agendas and Ms. Tucker points to crimes by disturbed individuals to support her anti-rights screed. What about the thousands of law-abiding citizens who were able to successfully defend themselves against violence only because of their access to firearms? If Cynthia Tucker had any faith in the Radical Left position she attempts to advance she would not deliberately omit this fact. Nor would she omit the fact that the vast majority of murderers were not prevented by 20,000 "sensible" gun laws from illegally possessing a firearm they used to kill their victims, as most murderers have prior convictions that prohibit their possessing one.

A famous adage by one of the Founding Fathers is, "Those who would give up freedom for security deserve neither" (or something like that) and the Radical Left from the French Revolution through the Bolsheviks through our present-day "revolutionary" Marxist/Islamofascist movements successfully gain tyranny over the people by appealing to those who harbor this mindset. Ms. Tucker and her comrades will never report the fact that in urban war zones like Washington DC and Chicago some law-abiding citizens have successfully defended themselves against potentially deadly attack after finally gaining the same Second Amendment rights as nearly all other Americans have enjoyed for over two centuries.

I suggest Ms. Tucker and her ilk read the US Constitution and follow its blueprint for changing what they don't like about this sacred document. Let them start a petition drive to void the Second Amendment and submit it to congress for approval. If congress approves then the proposal will move to the states for ratification. That's the constitutional method given to us by our Founders in order to make it extremely difficult for ideologues and tyrants to gain mastery over the populace.

The issue of "sensible" gun laws would come into far clearer focus if Ms. Tucker and others would admit their agenda is to scrap the Second Amendment altogether, not to allegedly improve it. All the years I've followed the Left's hatred for individual rights I've seldom read or heard any of them admit their true agendas and Ms. Tucker's screed is only another attempt to disguise her true feelings for the Second Amendment. And her screed likewise betrays her Radical Left position that the US Constitution is merely a piece of paper that can be overridden by the whims of elected and/or appointed officials.

We need to get to the election booths this November and take as many like-minded voters as possible with us. There are millions of Cynthia Tuckers ready to junk the US Constitution, as the Obamacare disaster indisputably proves. Wayne LaPierre's contention that a second Obama term will bring an all-out assault on the Second Amendment is very well founded, in my opinion. We should all be very frightened of what another four years of Obama/Democrat control of government will bring, as Obama himself was recently caught on videotape reassuring Russian president Medvedev that he'd be much more amenable to surrendering to Russian demands once re-elected. Obama has already unilaterally surrendered America's early warning radar system after GW Bush and NATO successfully brought Eastern European nations into our fold, and Candidate Obama supported Washington DC's legal brief in Heller that the Second Amendment does not reaffirm the individual right to keep and bear arms. The thought that America is only one US Supreme Court justice away from voiding the Second Amendment ought to terrify every citizen who isn't insane.

12. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

Jun 5, 2009
    USA
    Yea, I like guns; which is not insane, quite the opposite.
    I do other not so insane stuff too, like wear a seatbelt, have a fire extinguisher, alarm system....(I'm into safety like that).

13. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Jul 21, 2005
    At the beach
    True dat. They even resemble each other somewhat:

[​IMG]

14. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    There you go, being all "logical" again... :upeyes:

:supergrin:

15. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    Citizens, PD, whichever... :whistling:

16. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/

I think she is the one that I have to use a friends computer, to be able to comment on her blog and articles as she didn't like my previous comments.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  17. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    While your counter-points are certainly true, in a logical and normal manner, they mean absolutely nothing when one is discussing a polarizing social and political topic like the 2A and gun-control.

Being logical about this topic does not address the emotional, social and political issues at hand, or represent the reality of current issues. Being logical on this topic is futile.

You know this.

18. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Aug 29, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio USA
    If Cynthia Tucker was born a male, she'd still urinate while sitting down.

I've come across that type. Intellectuals are used to living in a world with rose colored glasses. Kind of like John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

Growing up, I remember to political landscape. Something like 15 Republican Senators and maybe 86 members of the House of Representatives that were GOP. That all changed in 1994. The left wing just doesn't control the agenda like it once did.

Jimmy Carter's attempt to ban all rifle ammo in the heat of the 1970's Stagflation unsettled a lot of people. I remember when my father bought a box of .30-30 and had to fill out the federal registry.

The problem with that is they get really P.O.ed when people don't march to their tune. Them they resort to mane calling, 'Bigot', 'Racisist', 'Homophobic', 'Church goer'....

19. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    Great rebuttal to the article.

20. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Dang... yahoo put the kibosh on my comment