close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opening multible browsers...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by PDogSniper, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I'm running XP and IE. I use to be able to open several IE's at once, go to two diffenet web sites at the same time. Example, I would open two IE's and with one I could to GT and the other I would go to Imagestation. I could easily copy links from IS to GT. For some reason or other I can't do that anymore...

Another example is that if someone on GT posts a link and I click on it, instead of opening a second window for that link, it closes the GT window and opens a new window for the link...

What gives here. I know it's not a GT issue but something in my settings. This is really frustrating as I then have to backtrack and re-open the original window....

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    +100000000000000

4. I've seen that problem before but I don't remember exactly what caused it.Try running Disk Clean up and check all of the boxes.

5. heavyduty

heavyduty

Oct 18, 2000
    North of I-80, IL
    Within IE, try Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Make sure the "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" checkbox is unchecked.

Buncha Mozilla snobs... ;)

6. NightKnight

NightKnight

Oct 21, 2002
    PA
    Hold down 'Shift' key while clicking on the link you want to open up in a new window =)

7. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

May 7, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    Give Mozilla Firefox a test run for a week or so, I tink you'll like it.

Once you have installed it, open it and goto tools/options/general. In Location(s) type: www.imagestation.com | www.glocktalk.com

|=shift+\

This will open both sites in tabs.

Play with it for a while, you'll never go back to IE but for updates.