close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Opening multible browsers...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by PDogSniper, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I'm running XP and IE. I use to be able to open several IE's at once, go to two diffenet web sites at the same time. Example, I would open two IE's and with one I could to GT and the other I would go to Imagestation. I could easily copy links from IS to GT. For some reason or other I can't do that anymore...

Another example is that if someone on GT posts a link and I click on it, instead of opening a second window for that link, it closes the GT window and opens a new window for the link...

What gives here. I know it's not a GT issue but something in my settings. This is really frustrating as I then have to backtrack and re-open the original window....

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    +100000000000000

4. I've seen that problem before but I don't remember exactly what caused it.Try running Disk Clean up and check all of the boxes.

5. heavyduty

heavyduty

Oct 18, 2000
    North of I-80, IL
    Within IE, try Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Make sure the "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" checkbox is unchecked.

Buncha Mozilla snobs... ;)

6. NightKnight

NightKnight

Oct 21, 2002
    PA
    Hold down 'Shift' key while clicking on the link you want to open up in a new window =)

7. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

May 7, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    Give Mozilla Firefox a test run for a week or so, I tink you'll like it.

Once you have installed it, open it and goto tools/options/general. In Location(s) type: www.imagestation.com | www.glocktalk.com

|=shift+\

This will open both sites in tabs.

Play with it for a while, you'll never go back to IE but for updates.