close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

opencarry.org and mississippi

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by CentralMsGunFan, Jun 24, 2008.

1. CentralMsGunFan

CentralMsGunFan Packin Preacher

Jan 25, 2006
    This is prob something that has been talked about here, but i dont remember seeing anything. Opencarry.org (http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html) has mississippi listed as a licensed open carry state. Can somebody make this clear to me?

Are they saying maybe that carrying a gun in a holster is concealed?

2. CentralMsGunFan

Jan 25, 2006
    ok i looked more at the site this is what it says,

"the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi"

is this info correct?

3. para40

para40 curmudgeon

Sep 16, 2004
    Ms.
    Not to me. See Ms. Code #45-9-101.
    #18 - last part

Hope this helps. :cool:

4. CentralMsGunFan

Jan 25, 2006

there really needs to be more clearity in all this stuff. Remember when Jackon's mayor went through all that crap a year or so a go. He was carrying a gun in a holster and got busted for carrying a concealed weapon. So i dunno. I read the code you gave, seems clear. however, the AG says there is no such thing as open carry in Mississippi. Because carrying in a holster is concealing the pistol "inpart". I just wish we had some clearer laws about this...honestly i just wish they would make open carry legal. =)

5. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi

me to