Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Open Office Experts????

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Adjuster, Oct 7, 2010.

  1. I have these typed up forms I use in my work. The forms are not built/formatted/created etc in Open Office, I hope I am saying this right. The forms are simply typed out in Open Office and then saved. When I need the form again I simply open it and change the necessary information for the particular job. To change the info I have to space bar, use cursor, mouse, enter button etc. to get to the information that needs changed then delete or over write the old with the new. My question is how can I set up these forms to use my tab button? Each time I tab I want the cursor to automatically go to the next area of the document that needs to be completed/changed. I know this can be done as I have filled out many Word documents on the computer that function this way. My concern is I believe these types of documents have to be 'built' as opposed to just typed out with the program. Anyone make any sense of this?
  2. IndyGunFreak


    Jan 26, 2001
    Look in the Help file for Tab Stops.. Remove the ones you don't want, keep the ones you do...


  3. Thanks Indy, I didn't know they were called 'tab stops'. Now I will know what to research.