Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Open Carry

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by jmsfmtex, May 28, 2007.

1. This may be a dumb question but then again who said I was smart?

Can I open carry on my property? I live in a rural area on 5~10 acres. I practice dry firing and concealed carry a lot in the house. So I was just wondering when I go out do I need to leave my gun behind? Or sometimes I carry loaded to check things out.
  2. cwood

May 17, 2003
    Austin, TX

However, one caveat to keep in mind. Be sure that any action you take cannot be taken as a threatening measure. That might constitute disorderly conduct.

That is really unlikely, but you need to be aware of the potential. From what you describe, I think that that situation would be HIGHLY unlikely. Have fun.

3. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Dec 13, 2004
    The Rock of Eternity
    If you're on your own property why not just conceal it? That way you have it when you need it and no one calls the S.O. on you.

You can't display a firearm in a "public place" and that usually doesn't include your private property, but I wouldn't want to test it. If someone can see you and feels threatened you can bet you'll at least end up talking to a Deputy.