close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oops . . .

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, Nov 11, 2011.

1. imaguy3

imaguy3

Dec 30, 2007
    Arizona
    sucks for cop... but I don't feel bad for the other driver at all, and I'm sure their insurance isn't going to be happy about paying for a house and cruiser!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn

Feb 20, 2003
    Memphis
    OUCH, If the person in the car would have used their turn signals the cop would have seen they were intending on turning. That being said, was the person to busy texting/talking/websurfing/etc. to notice the squad car approaching?

3. Went code to a collision yesterday only to have to play frogger because folks couldn't seem to figure out what side of the street they were supposed to pull over to . . . .

4. Oh, you mean you're not supposed to stop dead in your tracks in the middle of a 65mph roadway???
    :brickwall:

5. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    ....in the left lane with no other traffic in site?! :steamed:

6. Yeah... We get a lot on cars with PA tags that will just lock up the brakes wherever they are. I think PA law is to pull to the closest curb right? At some point common sense should kick in when you see red & blue coming up behind and a clear path to the right....

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  7. Ah, I see the flaw in your logic...on so many levels.

8. I know... I'm expecting way too much of people i guess. :whistling:

9. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    I think Virginia law is to pull to the closest curb (left or right) and stop.

North Carolina law is to pull to the right and stop.

I just think the other driver was not paying attention and didn't see/hear the cop coming.

10. imaguy3

imaguy3

Dec 30, 2007
    Arizona
    and that's why I don't feel bad... if it was daytime maybe they wouldn't see the lights... but at dusk with an LED lightbar... you'd have to have your eyes closed to not see the red/blues coming up behind you...

11. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Not sure I see the problem, the house was already off the side of the road, wasn't it? :whistling:

Randy

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  12. Maybe the driver had just ingested some good stuff and thought the pretty red and blue lights getting larger and larger was just part of the trip.

13. imaguy3

imaguy3

Dec 30, 2007
    Arizona
    it's possible I guess.....