Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Only This Wasn't a Hollywood Movie

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Patchman, Oct 9, 2011.

1. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

Jan 28, 2004
    Monterrey, Mexico
    better a finger than the gut

Kudos to the sergeant!

2. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    Holy crap! :shocked:

Glad he's doing as well as he can be, and swift healing for the finger!
  3. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    Smart thinking, and a broken finger is alot better than a bullet in the gut.
  4. VA27

Mar 23, 2002
    Some of the old timers here will remember being taught a similar technique in the academy, back when good guys and bad guys carried revolvers.
  5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Poking a finger into the eye until you hit the back of the skull is also pretty effective. Good for the sergeant for his quick thinking!
  6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Good for the cop. Still takes guts to do.

Heard about backing into a 1911 pushed into your back, never had the need to try it. ..Takes Ba**s.
  7. I remember when a friend of mine was serving a warrant and the suspect was in his bed pretending to be asleep. My friend walked up and pulled the blanket back and the suspect pointed a cocked 357 revolver at him and pulled the trigger. Luckily the blanket was caught in between the hammer and the gun preventing the gun from firing.

This guy had to be absentee booked at the jail ward at county hospital after they removed the gun from his a..!!
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You mean you guys don't get the "Lethal Weapon 4" training where you can take apart a beretta while executing a roundhouse kick to the perp?
  9. scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Well YA, but just in case that doesn't work... never hurts to have a backup plan ya know.
  10. Arvinator

Jan 16, 2011
    When I was a rookie two fellow officers were at a domestic disturbance when they let the suspect get a cigeratte. A 3 rd officer walked in and saw the suspect come in the room with a pair of 22 revolvers. The 3rd officer grabbed the guns, placing his finger behind the triggers. This no doubt saved the officers.
    Good job to this cop, glad things turned out for the best...
  11. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Had a guy that used to work with me... got in a scuffle...guy pulled a little 25 with a hammer (Beretta or Taurus I think) and got it to the officers head. Officer grabbed gun and bad guy pulled trigger. Hammer was stopped by web of officer's hand.

Officer then used own gun to shoot bad guy. Bad guy is no longer with us.
  12. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

A good ending. Kudos the cop for quick thinking, concerning OP and this.
  13. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I remember being told to grab the cylinder, if it can't rotate, it can't move new round into position to fire. Blocking the hammer was for if it was already cocked.

15. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Same here.

I don't know that it would have taken that long to cover method of disabling a weapon at close range (finger between hammer and firing pin, finger behind trigger, slide out of battery, hand around cylinder, etc), but the tough part would be teaching people to realize just how desparate those techniques are.
  16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

All the gun takeaway techniques, or the hostage reaction techniques are all desperate scenarios by definition. Even our instructors tell us straight out, they have never done it and they can't vouch for how it will work out. But they say if it came down to it and that's what we got to do then it is what it is.
  17. RF7126

Sep 19, 2003
    Western Florida
    Makes sense but I would worry about it slipping. Sweat, blood, water, etc...
  18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Not to mention if the cylinder is unfluted or if it is cold out and your hand are dry and slippery.
  19. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    No argument here, but at that point the only alternative is trusting to the kind heartedness of the same guy that just stuck the aforementioned revolver in your ribs...