close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Only in america...really?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by theTactician, Jan 24, 2010.

1. I happened to see this website...

Buy a truck, get a free AK47
    2009 July 22
    by Brian Wagstaffe

Self Defense American Style?
    Only in America.

Max Motors in Kansas is giving away a free AK47 to every customer who buys a new pickup truck. No need to worry, they won’t be shooting them off as they leave the dealership because they are only going to get a voucher for the AK47. They have to go pick the gun up at a licensed gun store….phew!

Apparently there is a big crime problem that community, so last year they gave away free handguns with every purchase. Anybody else seeing a connection between lots of crime and giving away guns? I’d love to hear the reasoning as to why they felt people needed an AK47 of all guns to defend themselves, I mean talk about overkill.

is there any truth to this? wow, i mean, i'd consider living in kansas if it were true. free ak's? thats a good bargain. hehehe.:supergrin:

2. 1faSStchevy

1faSStchevy

Sep 30, 2009
    South Florida
    I bet I could bargain an AK, 12ga, 1911 and a new Glock. Wounder what kind of trade ins they take?

3. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Michael Moore made a "documentary" on a bank that gives away rifles to new customers.

The movie was edited to the point that it was almost believable.

4. markieboy

markieboy Senior Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Washington State
    Well, nothing is life is "free." Did they say what kind of AK-47 they were "giving away?" A Romanian WASR-10 can be had for $400, a low-cap WASR-10 for $300. Pretty cheap! So...I can see some dealerships enticing a sale by offering a "free" AK-47 rifle. Nice gimmick, though. Hehehe.

OP, so you're in California now, but you're moving to Chicago soon? Wow, you really need to move to a more gun-friendly state!

5. nope, they didnt mention what kind of ak though. but still, its a good deal. hehehe.

6. Surely its cost is imbedded somewhere. But hey, its still a free AK, which if I were in the market for a new car and was in that state, why not.

I wonder if this is going to be adopted in our local Phil. car dealers soon