close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Only been coveting one for a couple months..

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by ADK_40GLKr, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    and finally put a deposit down and ordered a G38. Guess It's gonna have to be a gen 3, but I like the gen 3 grip, so that won't be a problem.

Already started researching hand-loading, and will start out as small as possible with a simple hand press. I have the time, and won't be shooting much more than 50 to 100 rounds a week, so will load small batches. I don't really foresee myself ever cranking out hundreds of rounds a week. Just want to Keep It Simple Stupid.

We'll see where this goes.:whistling:

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The G38 is the fines, most accurate GLOCK that I've ever owned. I hope you like yours as much. My favorite load is a 200-gr Montana Gold over 4.0-gr of Titegroup, Federal primers. Speer Lawman or American Eagle 200-gr fmj for factory practice ammo, and any JHP for personal defense.

3. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Thanks for the recipe!

How would you avoid the alleged legal stigma of hand loading SD ammo?

With .45GAP, it's a matter of necessity???

Not sure I'm to the point where accuracy of the pistol is a factor! Will 90 rounds through the G38 be any more jarring than a gen 4 G27?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. GlockColektr

GlockColektr

Feb 23, 2012
    Maine
    Congrats on the new G38. I took mine to the pit last weekend and shot it with my G19, gen 4. Absolutely love them both, and frankly don't notice a whole lot of difference between the two in terms of recoil. Danny's word on the G38 is far more authoritative than mine, but I too have found it to be a very accurate gun. With just a bit of work, youl'll likely find that despite the .45 round, keeping on target for follow up shots isn't that difficult.

FWIW, my G38 really needed a good break in. Initially, I was having feeding issues with the WWB that I purchased before I started reloading. After checking in with Danny on that issue, I followed his advice and put about 200 rounds of 200gr Speer Lawman through her. That G38 is now absolutely flawless post-break in.

Enjoy your new gun and your new adventure with reloading.