close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

One type of ammo/multiple 45s

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by glockaxis, Jun 15, 2010.

1. I'm looking to make a bulk ammo buy, and wanted to know what your suggestions would be for use in Glock 21/30 and a Les Baer TRS. I would be using them at the range and for home defense. I am not concerned with pinpoint competition accuracy, and obviously would like something reliable for both platforms.

Thanks

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    since "home defense" is part of the criteria, i would stay with brass cased ammo.

i would also stay away from the Remington ammo in the green and white box. In my experience the bullet gets pushed back into the case.

IIRC, Ed Brown (the person not the company) uses American Eagle 230gr ball ammo as his carry ammo. I also believe that AE ammo is what the Ed Brown (the company) uses for testing.

3. Thanks Quack. I know Les also recommends the same American Eagle 230g, so that should also be fine in my Glocks as well, correct?

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Glock's will feed any ammo, even crap ammo.

5. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX
    Ranger T-Series has a more feed-friendly profile than most JHP. You may try them out if youre looking for a JHP instead of FMJ.

Burk

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    that's not going to be cheap bulk ammo.

7. BurkGlocker

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX
    Never once was cheap mentioned in the OPs description.

Burk

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    True, but I see bulk and I don't think of JHP as something to buy in bulk for range ammo. JHP is about twice as much as FMJ.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  9. BurkGlocker

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX

He stated 'make a bulk ammo buy' and I dont know about you, but I like to practice at with at least a minimum of 150-250 rounds of my SD/HD ammo before trusting it in any firearm. In turn, that would be in effect range ammo. :whistling: :tongueout:

Burk

10. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  11. BurkGlocker

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX
    LOL, no, I dont... I shoot handloaded XTPs for range duty, but I do clean out a mag or two of Rangers everytime I am at the range to make sure that they function properly. I am not trying to get into a pissing match over the internet with you, it would be frivolous, and besides, it would make for a messy computer screen and keyboard...

And also, if he's feeding three pistols, especially a Les Baer TRS, I didnt think he would be too worried about costs...

Burk

12. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    I see how it is...I was gonna make u an offer on the M&P, but I guess not now :tongueout:

13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    You would get a "friend price" equivalent of the 20# trigger pull on the CBOB. :tongueout:

14. BurkGlocker

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX
    Why do I get the feeling that someone has been waiting to use this all day long?

LOL

Burk

15. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Hey, it's what we do here. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    You probably couldn't kick high enough :tongueout:

17. BurkGlocker

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX
    CRINGGGG!!!:nutcheck:

18. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    hokie is us mad because his wife stomped on his nuts when he bought the kimber yesterday.

19. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Ouch.

Insert her foot and me getting jacked in the familiars, and you get the picture.

:rofl: