close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One of those moments a Dad never forgets

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GreenDrake, Sep 20, 2012.

1. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Had the fortunate opportunity to spend last evening in a surreal setting with my wife and son. My boy is 8 years old and playing his first year of tackle football.

As we sat in the gorgeous 80 degree sunshine watching all those little kids give it their all, I make eye contact with my son as he always looks over for my approval as he calls out the strongside offense formation he is reading. He nods to me as I nod back in approval. He catches a motion play and reads how the offense shifts over, shakes off a blocker and manages to perfectly come up to meet the ball with effortless ease as he intercepts a pass and come down with it wrapped in both arms.

Just a moment that is now sealed away permanently in my memory as I watched his pride, all the other kids smacking him on the pads congratulating him and the smile on his face as we walked off the field together. I'm pretty sure his feet never touched the ground.

2. lwt210

lwt210

Those are the best, aren't they?

My son dislocated his knee in little league a year or so back at the first of the season. He was on crutches the first half of the games but showed up to them all dressed out.

When he was finally cleared by the ortho, he stepped up to bat a little nervous because we hadn't been to the cages in six weeks.

He was down in the count with two strikes on him. Next pitch, he drills one to the center field fence. Nice double that got two RBIs.

He looked at his mother and me in the stands and while standing on second base, jumped up in the air with both hands way up high.

Our entire side was cheering as if he had won us the world series. Everyone had watched him suffer through that as he blew his knee at practice in front of everyone.

He went on to make the all star team that year and they got second place citywide.

Best feeling in the world to see him overcome that injury and conquer his fears.

3. RCP

RCP

Very cool indeed! My sons only 3 but I am looking forward to creating those kind of memories with him.

4. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Watch a girl in first place go back to fourth place to help a friend that fell during a race. The friend ran for the other school. Awesomeness.