close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

One more 357mag question...

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Meathead9, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Meathead9

Meathead9

Aug 23, 2009
    The PRK
    I know that WSF can be used for 9mm Minor to 9mm +P with great accuracy throughout. Is there a powder that can be used for 357mag, that will get light 38 to hot 357mag power, with good accuracy through the whole range of charges?

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    For me the closest to those parameters is Unique.

3. c01

c01 Crazy Eye

Feb 18, 2010
    Spokane
    +1 for Unique and those parameters

4. Meathead9

Meathead9

Aug 23, 2009
    The PRK
    WSF is said to be a cleaner burning Unique, so maybe the ol' 9mm is onto something...

5. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    could be, but I see the most "complaints" about unique in small capacity,and obviously therefore not tightly crimped, auto calibers.

With a "medium" crimp i have never been annoyed by Unique in .38 and larger revolver cases.

6. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Jan 25, 2008
    New England
    Depends on what your velocity expectations are and intended bullets when you describe goals such as "light" and "hot". The short answer is no. You need a minimum of two powders to cover such a range.

For me, that's Unique on the light to medium end and H110/W296 on the hot end for Magnum wheelgun loads.