close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

One Million Recall Signatures and Only 650k Votes?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, May 9, 2012.

1. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Very interesting.................

2. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    Some people probably signed just to get the requestor to leave them alone. Then they just didn't show up to vote because they really don't want Walker recalled or they just don't care at all.

3. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    It's hard for false signers to go to the polls. Too bad a Dane county judge has put a stick in the spokes of the WI voter ID rules.

ARS

4. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    It was a primary. What will matter is the general election. Walker better get his act together and mend as many fences as possible and build all the bridges he can because he has really put himself behind the eight ball. He totally miscalculated the blowback from his high handed methods.

5. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    didnt walker recieve more votes alone vs all the democrat challengers?

6. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    No, he didnt'.

the only miscalculation was on the part of the union bosses who's candidate lost BADLY.

Walker got 97%of his party's vote.

It was a surprise to see the dem left throw such an imbecilic temper tantrum.

Walker will prevail in the end.

7. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Waaah!

Regards,
    Happyguy:)

8. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, the Dallas Cowboys, sounds familiar.

9. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

They let 'em sign petitions, but they don't let 'em vote ! .....

10. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    I'm not sure. I never heard of him until he won election. And I paid him no attention until he got to going round and round with the demokrats.

11. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Things haven't gone so hot for Walker since he stepped in the mud with the demokrats. This recall election is going to be a mess. He and his supporters had better take it seriously as the demokrats are going to throw everything including the kitchen sink at him. I don't consider him much of a governor. But, he is a republican. And for that reason alone I'd support him. I think in many ways his ideas are half-baked. But, come November, every state with a republican governor is more likely to support a broad republican ticket and that is best for America. So... hopefully Walker will get his act together. He's going to have to if he really wants to be more than a unfortunate historical oddity.

12. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Well, not if you have a voter ID law.

13. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    I wonder how many Chicago voters showed up? :whistling:

14. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
  15. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    You're clearly not paying attention.

The election won't be a mess, it will go off like any other, and Walker will win. He won more than all the other candidates combined. The unions handpicked candidate got his butt handed to him. They've already tried the kitchen sink, and we are not impressed.

And there's a good possibility BHO will not carry WI.

16. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Adolph Hitler didn't show up?

17. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I'm betting that a lot of those signatures are of folks who reside in cemetaries and just couldn't dig themselves out in time to go vote.

18. clint curtis

clint curtis

Jan 12, 2010
    Wisconsin
    How much money have the Koch brothers sent to Walker so far? Is some of that money going to his (Walker) criminal defense fund? What interest do the Koch brothers have in Wisconsin politics? Are the Koch brothers anti-union? If so, is this really a national issue?

19. Misty02

Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    Florida
    This link contains the combined the average number of voters registered by state and the average voter participation for something as major as a presidential election. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...states-with-best-and-worst-voter-turnout.html Assuming this data is accurate, it would not be difficult to imagine much lower turn out for other votes. To that you can add the possibility that many that signed the petition might not be eligible to vote. Where petitions are concerned, do they check to make sure only one signature per person is counted? Even if no fraud was involved there are still many ways to explain the discrepancy in the numbers.